Mixer.exe

Today, I see for the first time an icon named "mixer" on the left lower
corner of the screen, just beside the Start button. If I left click or right
click on it no reaction, no way to make it disappear. My OS is Windows XP
home. I have been told that although mixer.exe is part of Windows media,
some hackers might use it to infiltrate your machine. Is there some security
concern since it appeared only today? I went to regedit and was close to
delete it until I thought it might screw the sound process up. Thanks for
your input

J-Louis
1 answer Last reply
More about mixer