DRAM Red LED

iliberate

Honorable
May 1, 2012
I'm getting a flashing red LED light on my motherboard for DRAM. MOBO is the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z. Yes, I put it in the right slot. I saw some posts saying that I may have to change the voltages, but I'm getting no post and therefore nothing on my monitor. I saw some Asus motherboards that had MemOK to solve this issue, but I'm not don't know if that is a feature on my motherboard. Thoughts?

on your mb is the go button that the same on other as the ram button. i would check to see if the ram you have is on the mb qal list. or the ram vendor tested list. if it is you may need to use the usb flash back port on the mb and update the bios there a few updates that fix memory issues with that mb. if the ram not on the guild see if you can exchange your ram for some that one the guild or on vendor know tested list. most ram if it 1600 speed should boot up as 1333 speed. if it 1.5v ram.

could be a bad power supply or a short or you forgot to plug in the extra atx power plug or the one on the video card. i would try and place the mb on top of the asus mb box with just the ram and power supply and see if it post. if it does and it does not shut off i would use the flash tools and update the bios then see if the mb is shorting out when you put it back. I would also check under the cpu for bent pins. there been a few videos and post here where people have lifted up the black protection cover on new mb found a bent pin. to the user that has the red mem light on. try using one dim in one slot. i had that issue on my sabertooth found out i had two bad dimm slots. using one dimm will show if it bad dimm or bad slot. also if your using mb with an ib cpu it may need to have the new cpu code loaded before the board will post.