Corsair TX650 power Supply Question

alazeer

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
I recently built a new PC and when I first built the PC it would shut itself off, then turn itself back on after a minute or two when playing GW2, Running OCCT or putting it through AMD over drive. Took me a while to figure out that the fan on the power supply wasn't turning at all causing the PSU to overheat and when it cooled down a bit it would startup where it essentially left off.

I've just gone through the Corsair RMA process and got my new PSU in the other day and didn't have time to install it until today (it's my birthday), and after installing it (I figured the new one would be perfect and without problems), I turned the PC on, it started up and then I felt where the PSU fan exhausts and nothing, no air is coming out of it at all, I then turned the PC on it's front end while holding it and the fan on the new PSU is not turning either?

Now before I run OCCT again I just wanted to make sure from someone who has this PSU that the fan is supposed to turn all the time, even at idle and not only when the PSU gets hot? So if someone who owns or has owned the Corsair TX650 power supply could give me a quick answer I'd appreciate it. I really don't want to have to go through the entire Corsair RMA process again, it took me weeks and almost $20.00 in shipping fees to get the other one replaced because I didn't install it right away when I bought it from Newegg(sucks trying to do 100 things with such little time available).

Thanks for the help.

alazeer

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006

I've been running amd overdrive stability test on it for the past 15 or more minutes and the fan still isn't turning? Do you think that's a good enough program running long enough or should I use something else to put a load on it?

There should be someone around here who can tell you how to manually jumper the PSU to get the fan spinning. That will at least verify that it works.

If you get that far, then I'd say just use the computer as you normally do, and hope for the best.

You might also ask corsair support about it if noone here has any ideas.