Disabling Right-To-Left Writing...

Hi, I'm Armenian & I like writing Armenian and having Armenian support :))

In WinXp it's done by enabling "Install files for complex script and
right-to-left languages" checkbox in "Contol Panel > Regioanl Settings >
Languages Tab > Supplemental language support".

1. first problem is that Armenian is NOT a right-to-left writing language,
and the "right-to-left writing" menus that are in notepad's or other apps
mouse right click menu, are truly annoying and sometimes makes a lot of
problems for some lame users.

2. second problem is that when I change language bar to "HY" (Armenian) to
write Armenian unicode, it begans to write right-to-left :(

I tried to change "intl.inf" in "Windows\Inf" by disabling all other
languages except Armenian, it solves all my problems but Armenian unicode
shows boxes instead of letters :(

I found that this problem is caused of LPK...
and when i enable LPK >>

[LPK.LGReg.Install.Arabic] ;Arabic can be changed by anything
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\LanguagePack","ARABIC",0x00010001,0 ;here too

<<

armenian unicode shows letters instead of boxes, but again right-to-left is
enabled and problems begin !

Please help...

here is what i made in intl.inf>>>
###############################
[LANGUAGE_COLLECTION.COMPLEX.INSTALL]
CopyFiles = KBD.LGFiles.Armenian,Armenian_Fonts
AddReg =
NLS.LGReg.Install.Armenian,KBD.LGReg.Install.Armenian,Armenian.Fonts.Reg,LPK.LGReg.Install.Armenian

[LANGUAGE_COLLECTION.COMPLEX.REMOVE]
DelFiles = KBD.LGFiles.Armenian,Armenian_Fonts_Remove
AddReg = NLS.LGReg.Remove.Armenian
DelReg =
KBD.LGReg.Remove.Armenian,Armenian.Fonts.Reg,LPK.LGReg.Remove.Armenian
#######################################

#########################
;
; Language Group - Armenian
;

[Armenian_Fonts]
sylfaen.ttf

[Armenian_Fonts_Remove]
sylfaen.ttf

[LPK.LGReg.Install.Armenian]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\LanguagePack","Armenian",0x00010001,0

[LPK.LGReg.Remove.Armenian]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\LanguagePack","Armenian",0x00010001,0
#######################################
2 answers Last reply
More about disabling right left writing

    > 1. first problem is that Armenian is NOT a right-to-left writing
    language,
    > and the "right-to-left writing" menus that are in notepad's or other
    apps
    > mouse right click menu, are truly annoying and sometimes makes a lot
    of
    > problems for some lame users.
    >
    > 2. second problem is that when I change language bar to "HY"
    (Armenian) to
    > write Armenian unicode, it begans to write right-to-left :(

    I guess there is the following key

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\LanguagePack]
    "SURROGATE"=dword:00000002

    in your registry... If SURROGATE =2, it means that Windows is expected
    to support "Unicode supplementary characters". If SURROGATE =0, it
    means that Windows is not expected to support "Unicode supplementary
    characters".

    Some comments on the SURROGATE key can be found at

    Setting up Microsoft Windows NT, 2000 or Windows XP to support Unicode
    supplementary characters
    http://www.i18nguy.com/surrogates.html

    Unfortunately, if the key SURROGATE is present and is equal to 0, this
    forces Windows to enable the right-to-left writing. For this reason,
    there appear additional items in the context menu. By the way, the
    standard hot key combination in Windows for switching to the
    right-to-left input directions is Right ctrl + shift. If you use the
    same key combination for switching to the Armenian language, you switch
    the language and the input direction at the same time.

    But there is a subtle difference between SURROGATE being equal to 0 and
    SURROGATE being absent! Just remove the key SURROGATE from the
    registry, and the right-to-left input will be deactivated (and the
    corresponding items in the context menu will disappear).

    Thanks for help, but it wasn't the thing I was searching :(

    Now I learned a lot about the SURROGATEs, but it doesn't help me...

    I want to HAVE the multilanguage support (or only Armenian) but disable the
    right-to-left menus, that's all I want...