Customizing the Welcome to Windows box

All:

Is there a way to customize the "Welcome to Windows" box that comes up
FIRST, telling the user to press <ctrl-alt-del> to begin? This would be a XP
pro SP2 workstation in a 2003 domain environment. I have a custome JPG that I
would like to display instead of the default "Welcome to Windows" box.

I've seen this done with a 2000/XP Pro SP2 workstations w/ a Novell client
using a Novell server without a Windows Domain.
--
B. Knight
MCSE, MCP, CCA

    Hi,

    I use this proggy, very easy and it works. I have only tested it on WinXP
    Pro with SP1 but it should work.

    http://www.stardock.com/products/logonstudio/

    Andy

    "B. Knight" <BKnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All:
    >
    > Is there a way to customize the "Welcome to Windows" box that comes up
    > FIRST, telling the user to press <ctrl-alt-del> to begin? This would be a
    XP
    > pro SP2 workstation in a 2003 domain environment. I have a custome JPG
    that I
    > would like to display instead of the default "Welcome to Windows" box.
    >
    > I've seen this done with a 2000/XP Pro SP2 workstations w/ a Novell client
    > using a Novell server without a Windows Domain.
    > --
    > B. Knight
    > MCSE, MCP, CCA

    Great idea. I tried it and it only works if the PC is removed from the
    Domain. Once the system is on (a member) of a Domain it's useless. Thus will
    not work in my environment. thanks for the feedback.

    "Andrew Bailey" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I use this proggy, very easy and it works. I have only tested it on WinXP
    > Pro with SP1 but it should work.
    >
    > http://www.stardock.com/products/logonstudio/
    >
    > Andy
    >
    > "B. Knight" <BKnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > All:
    > >
    > > Is there a way to customize the "Welcome to Windows" box that comes up
    > > FIRST, telling the user to press <ctrl-alt-del> to begin? This would be a
    > XP
    > > pro SP2 workstation in a 2003 domain environment. I have a custome JPG
    > that I
    > > would like to display instead of the default "Welcome to Windows" box.
    > >
    > > I've seen this done with a 2000/XP Pro SP2 workstations w/ a Novell client
    > > using a Novell server without a Windows Domain.
    > > --
    > > B. Knight
    > > MCSE, MCP, CCA

    I have yet to find a way to skin that part of the GUI... Hopefully some
    program will be developed that will allow you to do that.

    > Great idea. I tried it and it only works if the PC is removed from the
    > Domain. Once the system is on (a member) of a Domain it's useless. Thus
    > will
    > not work in my environment. thanks for the feedback.
    >

    > "Andrew Bailey" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I use this proggy, very easy and it works. I have only tested it on WinXP
    >> Pro with SP1 but it should work.
    >>
    >> http://www.stardock.com/products/logonstudio/
    >>
    >> Andy
    >>
    >> "B. Knight" <BKnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > All:
    >> >
    >> > Is there a way to customize the "Welcome to Windows" box that comes up
    >> > FIRST, telling the user to press <ctrl-alt-del> to begin? This would be
    >> XP
    >> > pro SP2 workstation in a 2003 domain environment. I have a custome JPG
    >> that I
    >> > would like to display instead of the default "Welcome to Windows" box.
    >> >
    >> > I've seen this done with a 2000/XP Pro SP2 workstations w/ a Novell
    >> > client
    >> > using a Novell server without a Windows Domain.
    >> > --
    >> > B. Knight
    >> > MCSE, MCP, CCA

    I found a Freeware package called FMLogin. The site is:

    http://www.frontmotion.com/FMLogin/index.htm

    Perfect fro my situation. You just got to know how to program Flash.
    --
    B. Knight
    MCSE, MCP, CCA

    "wstaylor" wrote:

    > I have yet to find a way to skin that part of the GUI... Hopefully some
    > program will be developed that will allow you to do that.
    >

    > "B. Knight" <BKnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Great idea. I tried it and it only works if the PC is removed from the
    > > Domain. Once the system is on (a member) of a Domain it's useless. Thus
    > > will
    > > not work in my environment. thanks for the feedback.
    > >

    > > "Andrew Bailey" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I use this proggy, very easy and it works. I have only tested it on WinXP
    > >> Pro with SP1 but it should work.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.stardock.com/products/logonstudio/
    > >>
    > >> Andy
    > >>
    > >> "B. Knight" <BKnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > >> XP
    > >> that I

Configuration Workstations Customization Windows XP