Help with $1000 gaming rig

sinnersage

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: this year, no time limit( in the midst of saving up)

Budget Range: $1000 USD (or 1300 SGD) Before Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming(LoL, Dota2,Bf3) , watching movies,edit HD videos, surfing the net

Parts Not Required: mouse ,monitor, keyboard, speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: non

Parts Preferences: by brand or type

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments:
I've looked around and compiled my parts, but on checking with local dealers, the total cost is over my budget.

Motherboard : Gigabyte H77M-D3H
i5 3550
sapphire 7850 2GB OC edition
2x 4GB kingston DDR3 Ram 1333MHz
Seagate 1TB 64MB
Seasonic S12ii or Coolermaster silent PSU
Case : CM 690II advanced usb 3.0
Optional SSD : 80-120GB intel
Dvd drive 24x writable
Internal all in one card reader.
Wireless network card (do not have cable access to internet)
Windows 7 home premium 64bit OEM

What price should i expect before rebate for such parts? or could i save on certain parts?
Comments and help appreciated.

motorneuron

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Note that your H77 motherboard doesn't support overclocking (which is fine, since you have a locked processor), but it also will only have a single PCIe slot. So you won't be able to get a second video card later if that interests you. As for the RAM speed, you might as well get 1600, since it tends to cost the same as the 1333.

dextronaut

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Well Im building a new computer just like you. I bought some parts at frys electronics after looking at newegg. NOW I finally found the combo search function in newegg. USE IT. you can save $10-$30 on each pair of components you need. thats a good way to save. for example, buy you cpu+mobo combo (if you find one you like), hdd + ram, etc. in any order. OR if you see something you like, you can buy a complete DIY combo with all the parts you need.