Sign in with
Your question

Cpu Problems, Help ASAP

Last response: in CPUs
October 2, 2012 11:13:25 PM

So for some odd reason i put the watts on my CPU (An Phenom II x6) from the standard to a 150w which my mobo (asrock 990fx extreme 3) and i need an awnser on if there is something i can do to fix this and if i need to buy a new CPU.
anything useful is very helpful.
please Awnser as soon as possible

More about : cpu problems asap

October 2, 2012 11:25:16 PM

I really Need some help you guys
m
l
October 2, 2012 11:38:09 PM

Could you please give us more info?

You increased the voltage on your Phenom x6 and now it doesn't work?

What are the symptoms?
m
l
Related resources
October 2, 2012 11:44:08 PM

The Computer powers on, light on my fan, fans spinnning, i don't get a video signal to my screen, i checked to see if any of the pins on the CPu where bent, there where none to find.
and also if it possible to reset the bios manually so that the CPU W are normal and as they where before i fiddled with it
m
l
October 2, 2012 11:55:17 PM

Yep,

There should be a reset cmos jumper on your motherboard. otherwise you can also pull the battery in the motherboard out and leave it for a few minutes.
m
l
October 2, 2012 11:57:28 PM

aaab said:
Yep,

There should be a reset cmos jumper on your motherboard. otherwise you can also pull the battery in the motherboard out and leave it for a few minutes.

i have taken the battery out and it's been out for about 20-30 min. should that be ok?
m
l
October 3, 2012 12:00:32 AM

20-30 mins should be more than enough.
m
l
October 3, 2012 12:04:28 AM

i'll post updates on the progress
m
l
October 3, 2012 12:58:36 AM

aaab said:
20-30 mins should be more than enough.

i still don't have a signal to my monitor, i put battery back in but how do the other thing because this method didn't work.
thanks anyways
m
l
October 3, 2012 1:12:49 AM

what am i suposed to do now, take the thing out and put it back in in like 10 min, put it somewhere else ? it would be awesome if you can awnser that aaab
m
l
October 3, 2012 1:36:11 AM

Leave the cmos battery alone now.

Locate a rocker-style switch at the back of your PC (if applicable), and switch it from the on position (I) to the off position (O). If there is no switch disconnect the power cord from power supply.

Find the 3-pin jumper on the bottom right hand side of your motherboard typically labeled "clear cmos" or "reset bios".

Remove the jumper from the default position (typically connecting the 1st and 2nd pins).

Replace the jumper to connect the 2nd and 3rd pins.

Push the power button on the front of your PC once.

Wait a minute.

Return the jumper to its default position, connecting the 1st and 2nd pins.

Move the rocker-style switch at the back of your PC (if applicable), to the on (I) position. Or plug the power back in.

Power on your PC with its front power button.

m
l
October 3, 2012 1:47:56 AM

fixed it. i took the little cmos thing out for about 10 min and put it back in and things are working awesomely now, thank you for your support in this adventure but for now i bid you farewell
m
l
October 3, 2012 1:51:38 AM

Glad you got it sorted. Be more careful next time ok?!! :) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 3, 2012 3:33:19 AM

The thing is u will need to pull out power from the wall for all device (monitor, cpu, speaker, etc..) and removing the batt to clear the CMOS...

If the power still connected, it will not work.....
m
l
!