Upgrading my computers Graphics Card and Processor. Need Help

Lukesterv1

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
So Im kind of new to this site, my buddy sent me here to ask a few questions because were both unsure and want to make sure that were gonna have the most compatible parts and make sure everything works right.

So my first question is this new Processor im plannin on buying compatible with my mother board

So my Mother board is a Gateway Model RS780 and my current Processor is a AMD Phenom x4 9500 and im wondering if i can upgrade it to a AMD Phenom II x4 965? will these be compatible or will i need a new power supply?

Secondly im looking for a new graphics card and my current is a Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT. Would anyone be able to help me pick out a much better card that is compatible with the Processor listed above?

Also with these upgrades is there anything else i would need to upgrade along side these for them to work appropiately?

By the way Computer is gonna be used mainly for gaming purposes.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Lukesterv1

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Alright thanks for the mother board information and one last thing do you know of a good graphics cards that would go well with these? if you could find this last thing out for me that would be great :)

Sure. Put my name in the subject line and I'll be sure to see it.

Happy computing.

P.S. One thing about upgrading your graphics card. You need to mesaure the maximum length of video card that your case will take. Many newer cards are too long for older cases, so you have to be careful and measure, then look up how long the card your thinking of getting is, and compare.