Heating Problems w/ new case & card

ctrlxz

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I moved my stock pc into a new Thermaltake V3 case with a new 700W psu and Radeon HD 6870 graphics card.

Now when I boot up it says that a rear fan isn't connected, even though I plugged everything in.

I downloaded speedfan to make sure that the fan wouldn't be a problem and now my Temp1 (which I am assuming is my CPU) runs around 50c at idle and can go up to 70c just going to youtube. the GPU runs around 40 - 60c

any ideas on what I should do?

ctrlxz

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I have cleaned up all the dust and the heatsink is stock and I believe didn't have any problems before.

My friends told me about some sort of thermal paste? Would that help at all?

I would add more fans but I can't find any place to put any more fans on the motherboard.

Mardys

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
What cpu are you running? If it's an ivy bridge they run hotter than the sandy bridge, and I would recommend an after market cooler. Thermal paste being re-applied to the CPU would come into effect if you've had the CPU for over a year or so...then yeah, you'd probably want to re-apply by this point.

If it's not then you may have plugged in a fan improperly, and you may want to check again. Also, make sure you have intake, and exhaust fans not just one or the other.

One of the best http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099 for $35.