Automationg this task...

Hello, can anyone give a suggestion?

I need to automate the creation of a file folder that occurs the start of
each day.

Also the name of the folder needs to be the date of each day e.g. "012405"

Can this be done through XP's utilities or am I going to have to write a
script?

Thanks,

Ryan
3 answers Last reply
More about automationg task

    Ryan wrote:
    > Hello, can anyone give a suggestion?
    >
    > I need to automate the creation of a file folder that occurs the
    > start of each day.
    >
    > Also the name of the folder needs to be the date of each day e.g.
    > "012405"
    >
    > Can this be done through XP's utilities or am I going to have to
    > write a script?

    A script.. Batch or perl. Batch would be more "universal", as it would
    require no third-party applications.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    md %date%

    Schedule it in Task Scheduler.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message news:eW9%23v5nAFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Ryan wrote:
    >> Hello, can anyone give a suggestion?
    >>
    >> I need to automate the creation of a file folder that occurs the
    >> start of each day.
    >>
    >> Also the name of the folder needs to be the date of each day e.g.
    >> "012405"
    >>
    >> Can this be done through XP's utilities or am I going to have to
    >> write a script?
    >
    > A script.. Batch or perl. Batch would be more "universal", as it would
    > require no third-party applications.
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->

    You'll need to pipe it through For if you use slashes in dates.

    http://www.uscricket.com