cdyshack14

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello,

I have a new desktop, and I want to upgrade it as much as possible, in a way.

It is a 64 bit Win 7 Ultimate system, with 8gb or RAM, and an i5-2320 processor. I have a 1tb hard drive, and an additional drive that is 465 GB.

I recently added a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 video card (which is awesome...)

I bought this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000233ZMU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00), and I cannot install in because the slots on my board are too small, and I do not have this type of power supply.

I've also upgraded all of my LAN cable to Cat6, which helped.

So my question is this...what can I buy or add to make my desktop better?

Is this worth it? http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3U90LSSYG7JQ&colid=36O7L0E1N2TKQ

What else can I add to make the computer better?

Thank you very much in advance for the tips, it is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hello,

The next best thing you could do is get yourself an SSD drive. It will reduce loading times/boot times of your computer and all of it's apps/games (as long as they reside on it).

I reccomend the Crucial M4 or Samsung 830 - 128GB is decent enough for your OS + few apps + a few games. Should be around 1$/gig possibly less if you find it on sale.

I can't really reccomend anything else for your computer - as it is already a decent mid range system.

That evo cooler would be somewhat useless to you as you cannot overclock your computer - although it would definitely give lower temperatures. But IMO it would be a worthless upgrade for you.
Hello,

The next best thing you could do is get yourself an SSD drive. It will reduce loading times/boot times of your computer and all of it's apps/games (as long as they reside on it).

I reccomend the Crucial M4 or Samsung 830 - 128GB is decent enough for your OS + few apps + a few games. Should be around 1$/gig possibly less if you find it on sale.

I can't really reccomend anything else for your computer - as it is already a decent mid range system.

That evo cooler would be somewhat useless to you as you cannot overclock your computer - although it would definitely give lower temperatures. But IMO it would be a worthless upgrade for you.

Solution