Upgrade from 2000 to XP - still in c:WINNT

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I upgrade from Win2000 to XP Pro but it upgraded in c:\WINNT. Is there
any way to rename or copy the system to c:\WINDOWS?

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about upgrade 2000 winnt
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Hi,

    Thats the expected behaviour of a Windows XP upgrade over a existing Windows
    2000 install.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "nospam" <x@ray.com> wrote in message news:41F586A5.17E6FBE0@ray.com...
    >I upgrade from Win2000 to XP Pro but it upgraded in c:\WINNT. Is there
    > any way to rename or copy the system to c:\WINDOWS?
    >

    > Thanks.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    I knew that before I did the upgrade, but is it possible to change it
    now???

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Thats the expected behaviour of a Windows XP upgrade over a existing Windows
    > 2000 install.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "nospam" <x@ray.com> wrote in message news:41F586A5.17E6FBE0@ray.com...
    > >I upgrade from Win2000 to XP Pro but it upgraded in c:\WINNT. Is there
    > > any way to rename or copy the system to c:\WINDOWS?
    > >

    > > Thanks.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    No, not possible. Nothing reliable at any rate.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]