IBM 60GB 60GXP & IWIll KK266

G

Hi, I'm not the best at these things and I wanted to make sure with you guys that the IBM DeskStar 60GXP 60GB hard drive is compatible with IWill's KK266 motherboard. I'm pretty sure they are because in the motherboard's specs it says it's on-board ide is ATA 100/66/33. Can anyone verify this because I don't want to end up getting a HD that isn't compatible :)

G

Thanks :) I have another quick question...will the hard drive work with the CoolDrive DCD-4002, and is that a good choice for a bay cooler?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by symband on 06/26/01 04:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Umm...probably yes on the first one, but I've never seen or heard of it. Do you have a link?

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Ok, I found a review, and it looks like a great HD cooler. Cheap, too. It'll fit your hard drive easily.

Now, the thing is, with a 60GXP, you don't NEED a hard drive cooler at all. It won't hurt by any means, but it's not an absolute necessity.

G

Are you sure? On one review I found, compared with it's competitors, it was the hottest. It was measured at 39 C....is that hot? I still have a lot to learn :)

FatBurger

Illustrious
39 isn't as hot as it seems.
Tom's <A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/storage/01q1/010312/cebit-09.html" target="_new">review</A> of several hard drives (including the 75GXP) showed that the average high-end IDE drive operates higher than that.
I have two Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 60's, and I haven't had a problem with them overheating. In fact, touching them a minute or two after being in use, I can't even feel warmth.

TRENDING THREADS