Nokia 6600 Alarm Tone

Hi Guys,

I have a really annoying problem with my Nokia 6600. The clock alarm
tone is so soft that I barely hear it when I am awake and the phone is
on the other side of my bedroom. No way is it going to wake me up (My
old 6210 was perfect).

So I decided to rectify the problem, and to select the "Beep" tone
under Clock|Settings|Alarm Tone. When I play it from the menu, the
phone emits loud crisp beep sounds, as one would expect.

However, set the alarm a minute later, and it still rings with the
soft tone - in fact, while the "Beep" tone that I had selected beeps
about every second, this one beeps about every third or fifth second!
And while I know it sounds like I must have used Cancel instead of
Select, going back into the menu still shows the alarm tone as "Beep"

Does anyone know what I can do to fix/work around this?

Regards,

Cobus
1 answer Last reply
More about nokia 6600 alarm tone

    "Cobus Kruger" <spamwontwork@kplanet.co.za> wrote in message

    > So I decided to rectify the problem, and to select the "Beep" tone
    > under Clock|Settings|Alarm Tone. When I play it from the menu, the
    > phone emits loud crisp beep sounds, as one would expect.
    >
    > However, set the alarm a minute later, and it still rings with the
    > soft tone - in fact, while the "Beep" tone that I had selected beeps
    > about every second, this one beeps about every third or fifth second!
    > And while I know it sounds like I must have used Cancel instead of
    > Select, going back into the menu still shows the alarm tone as "Beep"
    >
    > Does anyone know what I can do to fix/work around this?

    Cobus,

    It could be just that particular tone. I use the "drill" tone to get me up
    and its very effective. Set volume to max and have vibrating alert on too.
    The vibration makes it a little more effective, especially when left on a
    wooden table top. Never been late for work! Theres only one way to set the
    alarm tone and you are doing it right.

    -Carl

Nokia Phones