shadow under window?

January 25, 2005 3:06:42 AM

Hi

I've seen screenshots of people's desktop where they have shadows under
windows (not menus), which really helps set the windows off from the
background (and looks nice too). Is this done with an external program
or is XP capable of this?

More about : shadow window

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 8:05:02 PM

You can adjust how all windows get displayed by,R.clicking my computer,
properties,advanced,visual effects,select custom-then edit,or try
performance.

"darius" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've seen screenshots of people's desktop where they have shadows under
> windows (not menus), which really helps set the windows off from the
> background (and looks nice too). Is this done with an external program
> or is XP capable of this?

January 26, 2005 12:31:03 AM

To get a real defined shadow for your Window, you will have to use an add-on
program... a good one is WindowFX - it isnt free but it does the job nicely
- it alos has a lot of other tweaking options for shadows, transparency and
other goodies.
Find it at http://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/

"Andrew E." wrote:

> You can adjust how all windows get displayed by,R.clicking my computer,
> properties,advanced,visual effects,select custom-then edit,or try
> performance.
>
> "darius" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I've seen screenshots of people's desktop where they have shadows under
> > windows (not menus), which really helps set the windows off from the
> > background (and looks nice too). Is this done with an external program
> > or is XP capable of this?

January 26, 2005 9:07:56 AM

and a free one does a good job is yzshadow

"wstaylor" <wstaylor@wstaylor.net> wrote in message
> To get a real defined shadow for your Window, you will have to use an
> add-on
> program... a good one is WindowFX - it isnt free but it does the job
> nicely
> - it alos has a lot of other tweaking options for shadows, transparency
> and
> other goodies.
> Find it at http://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/
>
> "Andrew E." wrote:
>
>> You can adjust how all windows get displayed by,R.clicking my computer,
>> properties,advanced,visual effects,select custom-then edit,or try
>> performance.
>>
>> "darius" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I've seen screenshots of people's desktop where they have shadows under
>> > windows (not menus), which really helps set the windows off from the
>> > background (and looks nice too). Is this done with an external program
>> > or is XP capable of this?

January 27, 2005 1:30:12 AM

"pjp" <pjpoirier_is_located@hotmail.com> wrote in

> and a free one does a good job is yzshadow

Thanks, it works nicely :)
!