Xbox 360

Will I be able to play all my Xbox games on this game system.
3 answers Last reply
More about xbox

    Wikipedia.org has a good, up-to-date page on the XBox 360.

    To answer your question: you will be able to play some, but not all old
    XBox games on the XBox 360. According to Microsoft you will need to buy
    the XBox 360 hard disk in order to run any of the supported XBox games.
    They plan to support more old titles later on via their XBox Live
    service.
    Some new XBox games that will be released in the coming months are
    rumoured to work with the XBox 360 right away.

    "rh" <rhaldane@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Will I be able to play all my Xbox games on this game system.

    I'll get my crystal ball out, hang on ...

    It says 'Google is your friend' ;-)

    Maybe. Microsoft has announced that SOME not all games will have patches
    that will allow them to run on the Xbox 360. I am willing to bet this will
    be sales driven i.e. high selling games get a patch poor selling games
    don't. Also you will either need to buy the $399 Xbox 360 or go out and buy
    the HD right away if you want to play Xbox games at all. If you buy the
    right hardware and the game you want to play was a good seller then yes,
    otherwise most likely not.

    Once again Sony is the only system with true pop your old disc in and it
    will play compatibility. The Nintendo Revolution will only have will Game
    Cube games. So far only first party Nintendo games will be offered for paid
    downloads. No third party game makers have agreed to their games being
    offered as downloads yet.

    --
    Jeremy
    On the web at
    "rh" <rhaldane@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Will I be able to play all my Xbox games on this game system.

Console Gaming Games Xbox 360 Video Xbox Video Games