Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need a new speakers

Last response: in Components
October 3, 2012 12:29:43 PM

hi :) 
i want to get new speakers because my budget set that i bought 8 years ago sucks....
i'm a college student so i'm on a tight budget. Due to the availability in my country i'll try to list the available speakers within my budget.
i play games,listen to music and watch movies....the problem is i don't know a thing about speakers or how to choose one over another
so i'm desperate for help.....the best that i can afford is:

1-Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System
2-Creative GigaWorks T20 series 2 Speakers

cheaper speakers are like

-Creative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speakers :( this and Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 Speakers will be hard to find but i hope i can find them)
-Creative SBS A520 5.1 Speakers
-Creative Inspire M4500 4.1 speakers
-Creative SBS 2.1 A220 speakers

i'm really dying to get rid of my old speakers..i can't hear the conversations while playing games like mass effect
PS: I don't know if this is the right section to ask but i figure the speakers are components :p 
i don't know what are the bass or treble

More about : speakers

Best solution

October 3, 2012 1:17:50 PM

creative sbs a520 5.1 channel.
October 3, 2012 1:29:43 PM

allanitomwesh said:
creative sbs a520 5.1 channel.

^ +1
m
l
Related resources
October 3, 2012 1:35:43 PM

If nothing else, look at the size of the subwoofer. Larger subwoofer speakers can produce lower frequencies.

Ignore the wattage spec unless you will be operating at ear busting levels.

Really, any 5.1 system will do you well.
m
l
October 3, 2012 2:16:55 PM

geofelt said:
...Larger subwoofer speakers can produce lower frequencies...

This is an incorrect statement - speaker diameter does not dictate frequency reproduction characteristics

geofelt said:
...Really, any 5.1 system will do you well.

This is true, as most subwoofers in the price range start at 40Hz
m
l
October 3, 2012 2:49:58 PM

dingo07 said:
This is an incorrect statement - speaker diameter does not dictate frequency reproduction characteristics

I tend to agree. I had an old set of Altec Lansings with dual 6.5 inch subs and it could play lower then many larger speakers. The cabinet design helped allot as well(very deep with dual ports).

I have doubts that many computer subs actually reach 40hz(not saying they can't) with much volume to be honest. I do not think I head heard much music reach that far down either.

Want to play with tones? MP3 is not quite ideal, but interesting none the less

http://www.testsounds.com/
m
l
October 3, 2012 5:04:19 PM

i'm kind of surprised that no one told me to go for the Logitech set.i can afford it if it's worth double the price of the Creative SBS A520 5.1.which one is going to be better at gaming?
m
l
October 3, 2012 5:59:46 PM

Same thing,the Logitech doesn't add much to warrant paying extra.
m
l
October 4, 2012 5:08:53 AM

in the rare event that i find the creative SBS A520 out of stock what' s my second best option :) 
m
l
October 4, 2012 9:07:35 PM

Best answer selected by 016ive.
m
l
!