6230 and Phone Browser not working

Last response: in Brands
June 10, 2004 3:37:51 AM

Hello,

I'm running the Nokia PC suite that came with my 6230 on a Win XP Pro
machine. However, I cannot browse my phone with the Nokia Phone Browser. I
can see my phone, but when I select the Gallery folder, I get an error.
Any ideas as to a solution?

Thanks

Will
June 10, 2004 4:58:37 AM

I have the same error.
Have no idea what the problem is.

"Will" <wg100@freenet.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm running the Nokia PC suite that came with my 6230 on a Win XP Pro
> machine. However, I cannot browse my phone with the Nokia Phone Browser. I
> can see my phone, but when I select the Gallery folder, I get an error.
> Any ideas as to a solution?
>
> Thanks
>
> Will

June 10, 2004 5:37:44 AM

try renaming the memory card using the phone, not computer.
then restart the phone.
June 10, 2004 12:29:29 PM

How do I go about doing that?

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> try renaming the memory card using the phone, not computer.
> then restart the phone.

June 10, 2004 3:45:09 PM

Menu > Gallery > click "Options" on *memory card logo* > Rename mem. card...
June 11, 2004 8:38:14 PM

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:29:29 +0100, "Will" <wg100@freenet.de> wrote:

>How do I go about doing that?
>

>"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> try renaming the memory card using the phone, not computer.
>> then restart the phone.

select gallery then highlight memory card
use options then highlight rename memory card
put in your new name
take out battery and put it back in
switch phone back on and try again

this advice came from nokia direct

Please remove -REMOVE- to reply

JERRY
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 10:51:53 PM

"JERRY" <Jerryb@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
news:p bfjc01k1igletjj3vs5bmuvhuv8ahqr6e@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:29:29 +0100, "Will" <wg100@freenet.de> wrote:
>
> >How do I go about doing that?
> >

> >"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> try renaming the memory card using the phone, not computer.
> >> then restart the phone.
> >>

> select gallery then highlight memory card
> use options then highlight rename memory card
> put in your new name
> take out battery and put it back in
> switch phone back on and try again
>
> this advice came from nokia direct