Evga geforce gtx 580 classified ultra,3072mb gddr5

bigbdan

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Hello,
i don't have vary much time on building or fixing a computer,i have a velocity micro with 2 ati 5870's, it has 2 six pin power cables each.my new 580's have 2 eight pin & 1 six pin power cables in each card i have 2 cards on the way,i tried to get extra cables i can't seem to find the right ones.my mother board is a evga ftw,intel 980x 12 gigs ram. 1200 watt power supply,any info. would bee greatful.THANKS

bigbdan

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

gary1 like i said i'm new at this,fixing,building,typing,i've been playin about 5 or 6 yrs.started on an old hp.computer and then i got an AMD.through velocity micro,don't know the parts any more,3 or 4 yrs.later V.M. did a rebuild for me,intel 980x EVGA ftw motherboard, topower psu,12 gigs of patroit ram i have 24 gigs of patroit sector7viper2's ready to go,1ssd with win 7Ul. 2 wd raptors 150 gigs each in raid 0 and a hatichie 465 gigs for backup, 2 dvd's one don't work right,& 2 5870's ati visionteks i took out, and are you ready for this put in 2 GeForce 580's gtx classified ultra 3G's & i don't know much about any of this, there were 2 six pin power plugs on the 5870's i didn't know the 580's would be any different until they got here HA! HA! 2 eight pin &1 six pin so i called arround and looked on the web for these cords i got abunch of the wrong cords & then somebody on toms site talked about the psu plugs, so i bought another topower psu the first one i got from V.M. with just 4 six pin power cords on the rebuild, when i started pluging every thing in i started getting problems with everything then iput the 5870's back in worked perfect i kept trying different plugs for the last six pin power supply, win 7 lets you know when nothings working right i like that, anyway it all came toghter & it was easy loading the drivers, so far every thing is working perfect, i'm sory it took so long to get back to you when i tried asking toms & other sites i thought i would check the next day for answers i didn't use the site like this before now i would read different things to pict info. so anyway thanks again. :sol: