Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

desktop icon and registry

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
January 25, 2005 6:40:17 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Where in the registry are the position of desktop icon kept?

More about : desktop icon registry

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:14:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Ken@msn.com wrote:

>Where in the registry are the position of desktop icon kept?

The settings are found here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop,
but you usually cannot edit them via the Registry .

--
(tm)
January 26, 2005 1:14:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Are you sure this is fro the desktop ICON and not the toolbar and
Taskbar?

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:14:03 +0100, Thorsten Matzner
<tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote:

>Ken@msn.com wrote:
>
>>Where in the registry are the position of desktop icon kept?
>
>The settings are found here:
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop,
>but you usually cannot edit them via the Registry .
Related resources
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:19:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Ken@msn.com wrote:

>Are you sure this is fro the desktop ICON and not the toolbar and
>Taskbar?

For the Desktop, but this does not seem to apply to Windows XP as I
can see.
Try this: "Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost
or incorrect" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813711).

--
(tm)
January 26, 2005 2:19:26 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Not that either. The position of icons on the desktop must be stored
somewhere in the registry the question is where?


On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:19:25 +0100, Thorsten Matzner
<tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote:

>Ken@msn.com wrote:
>
>>Are you sure this is fro the desktop ICON and not the toolbar and
>>Taskbar?
>
>For the Desktop, but this does not seem to apply to Windows XP as I
>can see.
>Try this: "Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost
>or incorrect" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813711).
!