desktop icon and registry

Where in the registry are the position of desktop icon kept?
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop icon registry

    Ken@msn.com wrote:

    >Where in the registry are the position of desktop icon kept?

    The settings are found here:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop,
    but you usually cannot edit them via the Registry .

    --
    (tm)

    Are you sure this is fro the desktop ICON and not the toolbar and
    Taskbar?

    Ken@msn.com wrote:

    >Are you sure this is fro the desktop ICON and not the toolbar and
    >Taskbar?

    For the Desktop, but this does not seem to apply to Windows XP as I
    can see.
    Try this: "Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost
    or incorrect" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813711).

    --
    (tm)

    Not that either. The position of icons on the desktop must be stored
    somewhere in the registry the question is where?

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:19:25 +0100, Thorsten Matzner
    <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote:

    >Ken@msn.com wrote:
    >
    >>Are you sure this is fro the desktop ICON and not the toolbar and
    >>Taskbar?
    >
    >For the Desktop, but this does not seem to apply to Windows XP as I
    >can see.
    >Try this: "Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost
    >or incorrect" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813711).

Configuration Desktops Registry Customization Microsoft Windows XP