XP SP2 Windows Installer

XP SP2 installs a new version of Windows Installer that is causing problems
with applications that are delivered on our network. I have tried installing
an older version, but Windows says I already have a more up to date version
and won't install the older one. Is there a way to override this so that I
can install the older version? I would like not to have to remove SP2 from
each workstation.

No other version will work,even the windows installer 3.0 redistributable
for xp.
Try going to run,type:services.msc In msc scroll to installer,double click
on it,
in the properties window try selecting auto from the manual (default
setting),it
is probably in,then close-out restart computer.You can set to disable but
thats
up to you...