Corsair tx650 v2 on HP H8-1234 not working

I upgraded my PSU on my HP H8-1234 with a Corsair TX650 V2. When I press the power button, the fans turn On for a second then everything shuts down. This happens as I fully press the Power button down then again as I let go of the button. Bottom line is that my desktop does not Power On when using the Corsait TX650. This is the third unit of the same model that I have tried and all did the same thing. I then used a Thermaltake 600 PSU and it worked just fine. I don't think its the TX650 that has a problem but it seems that there is an incompatibility between my H8-1234 and the TX650. Any advise? I really prefer to use the TX650 over the Thermaltake.
5 answers Last reply
More about corsair tx650 1234 working
  1. The easiest conclusion I come to is that the 3x Corsair PSUs were all bad.

Usually that model line isn't bad, but I have seen a PSU die just from being unplugged from the motherboard before.
  2. I am having a similar problem. I have the same HP computer and when trying to upgrade my PSU it is doing the same thing as the OP's problem. Flickers for a half second and off. I have tried both the Thermaltake Smart Series 750W and 850W. Both do the same thing. Any answers?
  3. Apparently I ended up returning the Corsair PSU and settled for a Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU which worked just fine without any problems. It seems that the Power switch of the HP H8-1234 has a compatibility issue with PSU Power switch.
  4. I have seen this before. Perfectly good PSU's and motherboards that just dont like each other. Not sure why it happens, but it seams to from time to time.
  5. Best Buy geek squad figured out what the problem was for my particular unit. All of the thermaltake's were outputting 12.1 V when the motherboard was requiring 12.2 V. That small difference created all the chaos.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Hewlett Packard Corsair Power Components