Final Specs. Will everything work out?

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.12 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($104.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($51.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($100.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Video Card ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($52.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 600W ATX12V Power Supply ($66.79 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($25.97 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($98.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($47.52 @ B&H)
Total: $1082.31

Is this a good setup for a gaming computer? I'm on a 1000 dollar budget so this looks good for now. Will everything fit in the case? Will it all work? I want an expert to help me out because im new to building computers. Please look at everything and make sure for me? Thanks.
9 answers Last reply
More about final specs work
  1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769
    $75 hard drive

    you can cut the RAM to 2 x2 gig for a gaming build without affecting performance too if you need to save more money
    Or get a bigger monitor
  2. Yes, everything is just fine.
  3. The i5 2500k is a great overclocker, though if you ever want to upgrade to a PCIe 3.0 card you'd be out of luck, as you don't have a Ivy Bridge, and the new chipset is coming out next year though that doesn't really matter I suppose. Overall a good system though I'd recommend going with a EVGA GTX 670 FTW if you can fork over the extra $100 or so, and get rid of something somewhere else as the 600 series is backwards-compatible.
  4. I would just change the monitor to possible 24inch and if u can, squeeze in SSD drive : )


    Like this one.

    SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC064B/WW 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    $84.99
    Your Price: $59.99
    With Promo Code
    EMCNDNE59

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147162&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL060512&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL060512-_-EMC-060512-Index-_-SSD-_-20147162-L015B
  5. Mardys said:
    The i5 2500k is a great overclocker, though if you ever want to upgrade to a PCIe 3.0 card you'd be out of luck, as you don't have a Ivy Bridge, and the new chipset is coming out next year though that doesn't really matter I suppose. Overall a good system though I'd recommend going with a EVGA GTX 670 FTW if you can fork over the extra $100 or so, and get rid of something somewhere else as the 600 series is backwards-compatible.



    by "out of luck" do you mean it will plug right in and there will be no performance penalty or other issues?
  6. Nope. Definitely meant he couldn't use the PCIe 3.0 bandwidth when PCIe 2.0 gets filled, as the 2500k is a Sandy Bridge. 3.0 requires Ivy Bridge is all.

    Anyways, as for the SSD Kingston has their HyperX 3K series on sale, 90GB for $90, $70 after rebate, and their 120GB for $120, $90 after rebate.
  7. Mardys said:
    Nope. Definitely meant he couldn't use the PCIe 3.0 bandwidth when PCIe 2.0 gets filled, as the 2500k is a Sandy Bridge. 3.0 requires Ivy Bridge is all.

    Anyways, as for the SSD Kingston has there HyperX 3K series on sale, 90GB for $90, $70 after rebate, and their 120GB for $120, $90 after rebate.

    Difference between 2.0 vs. 3.0 is nothing, in real life, 0%.
  8. nikorr said:
    Difference between 2.0 vs. 3.0 is nothing, in real life, 0%.

    Now. Yes.
    In the end go with what the guy's saying. :) I'll stick with my Ivy ;)
  9. nikorr said:
    Difference between 2.0 vs. 3.0 is nothing, in real life, 0%.

    Atm, you are right, but not everyone is upgrading to Haswell next year. It is good for those people.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product