[Solved] Window 7 keyboard stops working intermittently

NHOJOM

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
while on the web site before this, my keyboard did not work as it has not all day. It just started functioning. Sometimes I reboot and it works and sometimes, like now, it just begins on its own. I have wasted up to 4 hours rebooting, reloading the driver from the install CD. What can I do?

It does not always begin to function after I reboot.

NHOJOM

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

John Mosier johnmosier1946@gmail.com
12:38 PM (3 minutes ago)

to forums

My computer is a 2005 Dell E310 desktop with WIndows 7.

I have a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard and a generic one from Target, both hardwired. When the keyboard has stopped functioning, I have tried one, and both at different ports, each connected separately. And I have inter-changed them with other ports. I have disconnected them from a multiple UBS connector cable and connected directly to the PC UBS port and it made no difference. I have not re-connected either keyboard to that cable; the Logitec camera continues to function without fail on that same UBS auxiliary cable. I have rebooted, cleaned the registry, performed numerous security scans, and cleaned and defragmented and rescanned it with McAfee. I deleted the keyboard drive and reloaded one from the original Dell CD. The keyboard returns to functioning when it wants to. I have had to use the screen keyboard (-activated with the mouse for every keystroke-) to do simple messages. It always functions. Whether I am working with the onscreen keyboard or attempting to work on the desktop keyboard, all of a sudden the desktop one begins to work again. It does not cutout once it is functioning. I can see no pattern nor any defined thing that makes a keyboard work. Today I have had no problems. It sounds like a broken wire or something. That doubt was why I replaced and eliminated the cable UBS auxiliary port and went direct to the PC port.

NHOJOM

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

And you think the sarcasm helps?

NHOJOM

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

Both keyboards are wired with USB ports and I have used front of CPU USB ports, an auxiliary cable with USB ports and the back side USB ports. Yesterday I opened the computer and the keyboard did not work. I rebooted. tried another log-in with google instead of IE. Nothing. I tried Firefox. Nothing. I logged in with Google and after an hour working with no functioning keyboard except the on screen one, the normal keyboard began to function out of the blue.