Sign in with
Your question

Need help TV tuner conflicting with my LAN

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 7, 2012 11:49:54 PM

I am having a strange and annoying issue that I am hoping some smart person can give me an idea of what to do. I am trying to install a ATI all in wonder HD 750 PCIE TV tuner card. and every time I install the drivers for it. It makes my onboard network adapter stop working. It is a onboard realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. The realtek's driver version is 7.45.516.2011. I am using a Acer computer that is about 2 months old and running on windows 7. I researched this issue and found another person had the exact same issue. but he didn't find a fix and just got a different brand TV tuner. I am hoping not to have to do that. I hope someone can help. Thanks!

More about : tuner conflicting lan

a b x TV
April 8, 2012 12:02:29 AM

gdunks76 said:
I am having a strange and annoying issue that I am hoping some smart person can give me an idea of what to do. I am trying to install a ATI all in wonder HD 750 PCIE TV tuner card. and every time I install the drivers for it. It makes my onboard network adapter stop working. It is a onboard realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. The realtek's driver version is 7.45.516.2011. I am using a Acer computer that is about 2 months old and running on windows 7. I researched this issue and found another person had the exact same issue. but he didn't find a fix and just got a different brand TV tuner. I am hoping not to have to do that. I hope someone can help. Thanks!

it might not be the driver but an irq issue. old days you had to be carfull what slot you put video and sound cards in becuase of irq conflicts. i would try the card in another pci slot. also check to see that pci devices are set to auto. if the network card still stops working try turning off comports or printer port if you dont use them to free up an irq.
April 8, 2012 12:18:49 AM

smorizio said:
it might not be the driver but an irq issue. old days you had to be carfull what slot you put video and sound cards in becuase of irq conflicts. i would try the card in another pci slot. also check to see that pci devices are set to auto. if the network card still stops working try turning off comports or printer port if you dont use them to free up an irq.

I had already checked the IRQ and it was not giving any errors and says there is no conflicts. And my network does not go down putting the card in. Only when I install the drivers for the TV tuner is when it goes down. so that tells me it is is probably a driver issue. I believe I have the latest driver for my network controller. My computer only has 2 expansion slots. a 1x PCIE and a PCI 16x. I would hate to have to use both slots up if I have to buy a network card to put in.
!