Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Problem with components

Last response: in CPUs
Share
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 3, 2012 11:32:25 PM

Hello,
So i recently bought a MSI AM3+ motherboard, with a gtx 670, now while my current little Athlon does bottleneck it, would it be worth the money to see if i can see off both, and buy intel? or just wait for piledriver and see if i can get that?

More about : problem components

a c 78 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 3, 2012 11:40:07 PM

Wait for Piledriver, and enjoy your current rig. (Maybe try a moderate overclock)

I upgraded from a Phenom II X6 @3.4 to a 2600k @ 4Ghz. Both rigs used the same two GTX 560's in SLI and I saw very little difference in gaming.


Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2012 12:06:00 AM

Z1NONLY said:
Wait for Piledriver, and enjoy your current rig. (Maybe try a moderate overclock)

I upgraded from a Phenom II X6 @3.4 to a 2600k @ 4Ghz. Both rigs used the same two GTX 560's in SLI and I saw very little difference in gaming.


Heh, alright, thanks. It's kind of annoying to spend £300+ on a GPU and have to wait to use it all
!