Graphics Card - No Adapter from Power Supply

Wpgravez1

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Hello,
I recently purchased an HPE h8-1214 Desktop computer, you can look @ the specs here if needed http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c03154290&lc=en&product=5192450

My question is - I recently purchased a HD Radeon 6770, I went to plug in my graphics card and everything slipped into it's slot as usual, but I came to the problem that I have no adapter from the Power supply to plug directly into the graphics card to power it.

My previous Gateway had this exact Radeon working fine, the only difference is there was a white 3 prong extension inside my CPU, that I could easily plug my adapter into, which then plugs directly into the 6-prong power slot for the Graphics card

How should I go about fixing this?

You can probably buy the Molex to PCIE Power adapters from newegg (that's what I'm assuming you're talking about) those wide connecters that have 4 pins inside, that converts into a more modern-looking 6 pin connector.

Though you're more than likely better off getting a new PSU (sorry to burst your bubble..) I'm not sure how much power your old computer's PSU had, but 6770's are gonna need at least a 400w PSU (to be safe at least) as much as I know.