Economy diablo 3 build advice

thegodcomplex

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
This is my first time building a computer so here i go, I'm trying to build an economy gaming computer mainly for Diablo 3 but i would also like to play other games primarily skyrim.

i'm not 100% sure when i will be getting the money but it should be either the 7th or the 21st of june.
my budget is under $500, i already have a monitor, mouse, speakers, keyboard, and i don't need an optical drive. i wont be doing any overclocking or crossfire (i think)
Monitor is 1920x1080

Current Parts List

any suggestions or things i might have missed please comment, thanks

eleptyx

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Do you have a preference for those motherboards? You also do not have a CPU selected currently. Might be a good idea to add that into the bundle. I'd probably go with an i3 or an i5. If you live anywhere near a Microcenter they have a pretty nice bundle deal going on with an i5-2500k and a asRock Mobo. Here is a link for an i3, but keep in mind you would need to find a different motherboard for this chip ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115077&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-Processors%20-%20Desktops-_-Intel-_-19115077&AID=10440897&PID=3938566&SID= )

Also, for graphics cards since this is a gaming computer I would probably get something more than that 520. Probably something more along the lines of this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121419
or this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625

With your budget you're going to want to put the majority of your money into the CPU and GPU I believe. Other than that you are off to a good start.

Don't forget to get a harddrive.

Good luck and hope I was a little helpful.

thegodcomplex

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Thanks for the reply, i don't have any computer parts stores within 50 miles other than best buy kinda sucks.
fixed the no cpu i don't know why it didn't put it in at first or where the extra two mobos came from
And for the video card i'm trying to stay really cheap to start with but i'll be saving up to get a better one

eleptyx

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
That looks much better. So far my only recommendations to make it better then would be to up that graphics card to something a bit better. The two I suggested should work fine with Diablo 3 and Skyrim. I am sure there are plenty of other options though. You have enough left in your budget to do so. Also, hard drive! I always forget mine when I don't add it in right away.

If you're trying to stay cheap with the card just be sure to check with both games minimum requirements. Since you do want this primarily for gaming the graphics card is going to be pretty darn important. 130 isn't really that terrible in ways of a graphics card. However, if you're going to go cheaper I would drop at least 100 on a card. I think that would put you pretty much at budget if you do. However, if you can make it 550 I would definitely do so.

You are going about this all wrong. THE reason to buy llano is the integrated graphics. the graphics on that llano CPU (6550d) should be about twice as powerful as that nvidia 520. if you are going to buy llano you don't use discrete graphics. if you are using discrete graphics you don't use an APU. The APU may be a good choice for your budget, but not if you're adding a discrete card

The FM1 motherboard is also a dead end. the trinity APUs coming out now will use fm2. but its not available for desktops yet

Just to give you an idea take a look at toms last $500 build. with a 6870 it would beat the pulp out of your choice. Toms is currently doing their next system builder Marathon so keep an eye out for their new $500 build which.should be up soon. admittedly you will need to carve out $100 for a windows license but you don't seem to be considering that in your current build either

www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-ii-overclock-graphics-card,3032.html

thegodcomplex

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
@unksol so would i be able to leave the video card out temporarily and run with just the apu? also the mobo was is bundled with the processor that's the main reason i went with that mobo. One of my coworkers has a spare windows key that he's giving me.

i mean ops totally free to change the Mobo if he wants. just about every mainstreamish mobo combos with the mainstream cpus that are commonly bought. I just gave an alternative.

Going with an APU short term is a valid option. its unfortunate we are at a turning point with fm1 vs fm2 since you wont be able to upgrade the cpu later. I personally think you should look at Tom's next 500 build. HOWEVER if 500 really is over budget for you the APU is not a bad option. it also supports hybrid crossfire. This means you could buy a low end AMD GPU later and it would work with the gpu on the processor to give you better performance

Why I didn't disagree with you. the i3 is a great choice. and I know my bias against asrock is... hard to quantify. so you made a great suggestion that I can't really contest. lol