Sign in with
Your question

PNY Geforce 9400GT Overheating issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 8, 2012 2:51:15 AM

I'm having a really bad over heating problem with my graphics card. The card is listed above.

Anyways, here is how bad the heat is.

I just booted up, and if you are wondering about the clock speeds, those are for default. I had it running about 70MHz below the stock, but that didn't help heating issues at all. I've already have had the card replaced once for a similar issue about a year and a half ago, and I would get a new one, but I'm broke. And I've also replaced the fan, but with no luck. Can someone give me any advice on how to lower the heat at all?

Thanks!
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2012 3:16:46 AM

Let me ask this.... have you changed voltages. You may want to get the Wallet ready because..... the 9400GT is quite old. I got one in my laptop and my its about 4-5 years old now.

Clock speeds don't change temps. Voltages changes temps, since Power=heat
April 8, 2012 4:06:33 AM

Rockdpm said:
Let me ask this.... have you changed voltages. You may want to get the Wallet ready because..... the 9400GT is quite old. I got one in my laptop and my its about 4-5 years old now.

Clock speeds don't change temps. Voltages changes temps, since Power=heat

No I haven't, they are locked on my card. Didn't know clock speeds didn't influence heat. If I can get to voltage, should I lower it? See if that helps?
April 8, 2012 3:20:22 PM

Anyone else have any advice?
!