silkzim

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
Hi guys, can i use 2 monitors, one playing game and in the another one playing
video or browsing ? Or one monitor playing game and one TV playing video ? Both with sound ? tt's possible ? will be amazing, playing game in my monitor and someone watching video in the TV, with the same vga.

silkzim

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012

But i will have sound in both cases ? Can a switch between they to control one and another when i want ? Or i have to quit the game ?

The game will take control of the keyboard and the mouse and you may or may not have sound if you choose to play a movie. I have never tried that but I have put open windows on the second monitor to see what the ram ,video card and cpu are doing as far as temps and resources are concerned. If you are able to minimize the game by pushing the windows key on the keyboard then that woud free up the mouse and possibly the keyboard as well.

larkspur

Distinguished

I use the integrated sound on my Asus P6TD. When I run a game on one monitor and a video on the other monitor the sound is mixed. So your toddler would be watching Thomas the train while you are ruthlessly gunning down the bad guys. Doesn't work out too well sound-wise at least for the toddler. Not sure what would be needed to separate the audio. You'd probably need two different audio devices (like integrated + a sound card) and configure the game and video player to use the separate devices to output their sound.

silkzim

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for the answers...it's simple, but this feature for games i promising, play skyrim in one monitor, and map in another will be good, i thins with drives update and patch in games, the developers can come up with something.

TRENDING THREADS