99 tnaig eci

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hey guys.

Basically yesterday I took out my heatsink so I could clean out the dust, as I haven't done so in a long time. When I tried to put it back, it was a bit hard, but it managed to go in and stay firmly. Now when I went to turn on the computer, it was very slow, so I went to check the CPU temp in the BIOS, which said it was at 100 degrees Celsius. I left it to stay for the night.
This morning I went to check my CPU temp, which climbed from 38 degrees celsius to 78 degrees as I am typing this, and it just shut down -.-
My fan is moving, so any ideas on why this is happening?
I am in a bit of a panic because I just ordered a new graphics card so I can play new games, but now my computer is dead?

Thanks in advance guys.

EDIT: I fired the computer up again and now it is at a whopping 102 degrees celsius, and fan speed was at 1683 rpm. the computer keeps shutting down on me D:

99 tnaig eci

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

No I did not. I unfortunately don't have any paste, as this computer is a good 4 years old. Where could I buy some? I do not have a clue because my uncle built this computer for me, and I was stupid enough to not pay attention to where he went.

99 tnaig eci

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

Hey could dust on the cpu make it overheat? I took off the heatsink again and saw quite a few blobs of dust on it, so i cleaned it with my fingers, and disobeyed your sayings to not open the computer again, and now it is running at a more stable 30-35 degrees atm. should i go and try a game to test the fps now? it is rising, but slowly, mind you today is pretty hot in australia too.

99 tnaig eci

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
I'm on the computer now. On Core Temp 1.0 RC3, it shows that it is currently at 42/41 degrees celsius, but my game is still laggy. I'm used to getting around 30 FPS +, but I'm only getting 25 while standing still with movement it goes under 20 FPS. any possible problems?
EDIT: could the overheat have caused damage to the onboard graphics? I'm using onboard graphics atm, but in a few days ill be getting a 7750, so will the lag issue resolve?

99 tnaig eci

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

with core temp i get 43/41 degrees, and the onboard graphics is 15% load, so why am i getting low fps like 14?

PLEASE HELP ANYBODY!!

99 tnaig eci

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

sorry about bumps, on my previous forums that i used to it was allowed only per hour, I won't do it anymore.
And I thought thermal paste was to help cool the cpu, and i have said that it is only running at 40 degrees, which i believe is ideal. the problem now is that im getting low fps due to some unknown reason. should i make a new thread since the cpu overheat problem is resolved?

4745454b

Titan
Not my forum. I just point out the rules to people as I've seen mods come in and lock threads for bumping.

40idle is high. My CPU in my hot room hits 42c under load. (Ambient is probably around 86-90F. Roommates don't like 300+ AC electric bills so it can hit rather high in there.) I see now you didn't say if that was idle or load but I'm assuming idle. You are probably hitting 70 and the CPU is thermal throttling, causing the 15% load on the GPU which is the stuttering problem. I'd start with adding the TIM as its required for proper running of the tower. See if the problem then goes away.

99 tnaig eci

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

I will try ordering some thermal paste from ebay. Hopefully they come before my gpu, because i am getting a new graphics card and it sure wouldn't be nice having a new gpu sitting around and having to wait for thermal paste >.>

im guessing load means while playing a game or a task, and it is 53/51 degrees while playing my game, although jumpy from 40-50.