Status
Not open for further replies.

robertnewton

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
I do not have much experience with any other brands than EVGA because it was always a personal recommendation. So far, EVGA has never disappointed me but i'm curious as to which brands to avoid, and what brands are good choices?

Solution
BFG went bankrupt so you won't see them around any more.

To be honest, distributor matters only a little. The components which fail the most are the chips and as such there's not much they can do about it.

EVGA, Asus, Gigabyte, XFX, Sapphire are all very good and well established names.

MSI is fairly new to the enthusiast market and they're typically known for cheap stuff, I would avoid them unless told otherwise but their overclocking tool is quite nice and I could be wrong

There are a bunch of no-name brands such as PNY, Powercolour, Zotac, etc... I would avoid these

Caustic Fox

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
The only brand(s) that I've worked with are ASUS and BFG Tech for graphics cards. I have a RIVA TNT 2 m64 from ASUS that ran in a computer for 10 years with zero problems. It still works... As for BFG, I have a GTX 260 (Yeah, kinda old now) that I bought about 1.5 years ago. It's still running like a beast... even since I overclocked it since day 2.

BFG went bankrupt so you won't see them around any more.

To be honest, distributor matters only a little. The components which fail the most are the chips and as such there's not much they can do about it.

EVGA, Asus, Gigabyte, XFX, Sapphire are all very good and well established names.

MSI is fairly new to the enthusiast market and they're typically known for cheap stuff, I would avoid them unless told otherwise but their overclocking tool is quite nice and I could be wrong

There are a bunch of no-name brands such as PNY, Powercolour, Zotac, etc... I would avoid these

Solution
all my EVGA cards still work. ( with the "AR" ) as do all my XFX cards. BFG no longer have cards nor will they warranty what's out there now. HIS are good and have cards dating way back with no problems.

gotta add....... Palit were the worst experiences of my life. Too cheap to spend 15 cents on a heat sink that could make all the difference in the world. Shame on Gainward.

Status
Not open for further replies.