Sign in with
Your question

ATI Catalyst Driver Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 8, 2012 4:00:56 AM

Hello all,
Recently I bought an old Radeon HD 6450 from a friend and I'm trying to install it on one of my old Dell computers. The card is also from a newer Dell system and seems to be unbranded. In the device manager page, it shows up as "Video Controller (VGA compatible)" indicating that the card works but doesn't have the right driver(s). I installed the correct version of ATI Catalyst but I have an error and the drivers for the card are still not installed correctly. I've tried pretty much everything including installing the latest DirectX, uninstalling/reinstalling the Catalyst software and the card itself, and trying to find the driver as a stand alone file. Nothing seems to work. Please give me some advice. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

More about : ati catalyst driver

April 8, 2012 4:12:30 AM

The driver is packed in with Catalyst, you have to install it all.
m
l
April 8, 2012 6:52:57 AM

I would check dell's website,there drivers may be different.
m
l
Related resources
April 8, 2012 3:00:03 PM

gary1 said:
The driver is packed in with Catalyst, you have to install it all.

The first thing I tried was to install catalyst. I ran the setup, tried both express and custom but it didn't work. Ended up saying it was complete but that had warnings. I can put up a screenshot if you want
m
l
April 8, 2012 3:02:43 PM

Earnie said:
I would check dell's website,there drivers may be different.

I did. The website basically gives you the catalyst software suite which I already have installed. I the problem is with the catalyst program
m
l
April 8, 2012 3:06:42 PM

BigMack70 said:
Did you try running a driver sweeper and then re-installing your drivers?

No, i havent tried it but I never had any drivers installed for this 6450. It's never been on my computer before so there aren't any drivers to install/reinstall. It's running on a generic driver right now, the graphics are even worse then the integrated graphics. I could give it a try though thanks
m
l
!