Not really sure what my problem is.

unclematt

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Hey everyone let me start out by saying I am not very knowledgeable about computer trouble shooting so I don't really know where to begin.

my specs are:
Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti Fermi 900MHZ 1GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB HDD
Crucial M4 SSD Micron C400 64GB SSD
XFX 750W PRO750W Core Edition Single Rail ATX 12V
G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600

Now the issue is that when im playing games like WoW and LoL my game will entire computer will have a very brief pause and then resume... the first two or three times this happened the pause was followed by screen tearing and a window being displayed saying "Video card stopped responding and has recovered -- now it does not give me that window and there is no screen tearing just a small pause.

Any ideas would be appreciated. If I require more information to be posted, please advise me on how to obtain this info.

Thanks!

unclematt

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Hi, my case is fairly well ventilated. I don't really think my comp gets to crazy hot. Highest ive seen the temp get up to was 60 and that was after about 6 hours of gaming.. program I use is CoreTemp

screen res is 1366 X 768

unclematt

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Should I be looking at the Motherboard or Videocard options?

deadlockedworld

Distinguished

It sounds most likely like a video card issue, but if that doesn't work checking the version of your BIOS is worth a shot.

In the post above I was letting you know that both Gigabyte and Nvidia will have video card driver/management software available for download. Sometimes there is variation between the two.

unclematt

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Alright, thanks alot for the help. How would i go about checking my BIOS version? I know i have to hit F8 or something like that on the splash screen when I boot my computer but after that I feel pretty lost.

Any suggestions?