Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HD7750 worth buying or not

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 8, 2012 9:30:12 AM

Dear All,

Presently i own a PC with following specs

AMD Phenom II X2 Black (overclocked to X4 B555)
ASUS motherboard M4A7LT-M-LE with 1 GB internal GFX
4GB DDR3 RAM -1333
450w PSU (without 6-PIN power connector required for external graphic cards)

As you can see that i do not have a separate power connector to connect the GPU like HD 6770, 6750 or 6850. So I was thinking to go for HD7750 so that i may not have to go for replacing my PSU.

So what is your advise, should I go for HD7750 which is worth RS.7800 (around $156) in India or should i purchase a HD6770+new PSU which will cost me around Rs.10000 ($200).

More about : hd7750 worth buying

April 8, 2012 9:38:29 AM

I would get a new good quality PSU and then buy a proper GPU for the 7750 is more or less an HTPC card not really good for playing games albeit it could with many slow downs.
m
0
l
April 8, 2012 10:51:35 AM

no... its the best GPU you can get without pcie connectors. its not an htpc card, and only slighlty slower than a 6770. whether its playable or not depends completely on screen resolution, and settings.

If you don't want to replace the PSU get a 7750. If you are going to replace it you should probably aim higher than a 6770. Check benchmarks to see how they will perform at your Res with your games. if a 7750 is good enough and you want to save money nothing wrong with that
m
0
l
Related resources
April 8, 2012 11:03:34 AM

unksol said:
no... its the best GPU you can get without pcie connectors. its not an htpc card, and only slighlty slower than a 6770. whether its playable or not depends completely on screen resolution, and settings.

If you don't want to replace the PSU get a 7750. If you are going to replace it you should probably aim higher than a 6770. Check benchmarks to see how they will perform at your Res with your games. if a 7750 is good enough and you want to save money nothing wrong with that

7750 is an HTPC card that being said it will play lower demanding games but for the newer ones the performance is not amazing. 7750 will not even max out COD
m
0
l
April 8, 2012 1:01:25 PM

MMO Fan said:
7750 is an HTPC card that being said it will play lower demanding games but for the newer ones the performance is not amazing. 7750 will not even max out COD


That weans that it will not be able to play games like ACR, FIFA12, Batman Akhram City or crysis on medium settings (about 1366X768) and also i cannot play any of the game on 1980X1080 settings.
m
0
l
April 8, 2012 1:18:23 PM

kk_mix412 said:
That weans that it will not be able to play games like ACR, FIFA12, Batman Akhram City or crysis on medium settings (about 1366X768) and also i cannot play any of the game on 1980X1080 settings.

You can but the framerates will get choppy I recommend 6850 as an entry level "proper" gaming solution. I also recommend you start off with getting yourself a good PSU also try and find a good used card like a GTX 460 or 5770 ect. Look for used GPUs and PSUs at your local computer repair shops and in the news paper classified sections and online ect. Buy locally then you do not have to deal with shipping charges and you can pick up the GPU the same day plus you will get more performance for you dollars spent. There are all ways people that are upgrading and trying to sell there perfectly good slightly older but still powerful GPUS. I bought my last GPU GTX 275 last summer for $80 or 4124 Indian Rupees used and it came with 3 good games and a copy of 3Dmark11 best part was it took me within an 1hr looking through a local listing until I had the card in my possession.
m
0
l
!