Sign in with
Your question

Big GPU, almost too big for a case I want, should I get a bigger case?

Last response: in Components
October 4, 2012 6:16:25 AM

I plan to get an Antec Three Hundred for a computer case. It seems like a good case for the price. I believe it is the highest rated case at newegg, too. It has 5 out of 5 for a rating with nearly 2,200 reviews and ratings.

The GPU I plan to get is a Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950. It is 11.4 inches long. That Antec case can hold a GPU up to 12 inches long. It might have space beyond 12 inches by just a bit, I think the guy from Antec told me it is about 12.4 inches, but you wouldn't want a GPU that is any longer than 12 inches; a card that long would barely fit in there.

So with this GPU I want being 11.4 inches long, I have about a half an inch to an inch max of space. Is this cutting it too close? Should I get a bigger case? My concern is that it'll be hard working with wires; working them around the GPU.
October 4, 2012 6:56:20 AM

Yeah it will be tight but it should fit, you will just block the hard drive cage and not be able to mount a drive in the same space as the card.

You should just get the Antec Three Hundred Two instead, it's a few dollars more but it has a bit more space, the hard drive cage is oriented normally, and you also get USB 3.0
m
l
!