Modifying HP Elite case for cooling (fan placement help)

numb1zero

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Hi there, I'm a long time reader first time poster.
I'm building (well modifying) an HP elite with an Athlon II X4 (stock cooler), an Nvidia GTX 550 Ti, 2x 1tb hdds and a 600w Thermaltake p/s.
I'm preparing to swap the motherboard with another (I can't think of the brand of the one I picked out at the moment). I plan to o/c the Athlon a little bit and add another GTX 550 Ti that I've already got begging to be installed.

I've cut a hole in the top of the case (see pics) for the ps intake and for now am running without the side panel (air dusting often!)

Currently my cpu idles around 38*c and hits low 60s under load which i consider to be fairly safe but I want to get this cooling situation taken care of before I start adding components and in turn adding heat.

I'm looking for suggestions about what I can do to cool this case further.

The stock cooler on the cpu concerns me, but I don't know much at all about cpu coolers. I'm also having trouble finding compatible equipment... i know that its an AM3 socket type but the number 785G is also referenced on the spec sheet. The meaning of these two numbers is over my head.

Secondly, i'm concerned about cooling the 2 GTX550s. Not sure how to go about that at all.

I'm prepared to cut the side panel for adding a fan there but I'm not sure about placement, size, or even direction... Would I want it to blow cool air onto the board or pull hot air out?

I am only starting to learn the fundamentals of case cooling and would appreciate any advice at all
Thanks!
-Adam

Pics:
IMG_20120605_215303.jpg

This image is to show my general layout to help you help me figure out how to cool this case further :)

IMG_20120605_215215.jpg

This image is to show the top hole I cut for the ps intake

IMG_20120605_215235.jpg

This image is just to show that I have an exhaust fan in place

EDITED for a typo and also this addition:
I had a friend recommend a Hyper 212 CPU cooler but I'm having trouble finding one that is compatible with my AM3 (not +) socket. Any help with that would also be greatly appreciated!

madatworx

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

MAY BE it's a dumb question:do u know your pc is upside down?Or it's placed upside down for some reasons to explain things better?Let me know and I'll help with what I've been finding out building systems lately.