Sign in with
Your question

Is it a PSU fault?

Last response: in Components
October 4, 2012 12:48:07 PM

I am facing a problem from past week,please help me out identify what exactly
the problem is.

my pc is running fine from past 2 years, but a week back i am facing a problem..the problem is whenever i shutdown my pc and try to switch it back on again next day or after few hours, the pc won't power up
, it sometimes powers up for split second and stops instantly , cpu fan stops moving.
so i keep on pressing power button of case again and again and switch power supply on n off and after 10-15 minutes of trying to power on..it gets started and pc starts normal boot procedure.. during all the time i see green light on mobo as usuall.

I am suspecting that Psu may be faulty or dieing ,If any1 faced same problem or guide me what the problem exactly could be,it would be very helpful.

thanks.

More about : psu fault

October 4, 2012 6:23:35 PM

Take out your PSU. To test your PSU, take a paperclip and bend it in a "U" shape. *UNPLUG FROM WALL* Insert one end of the paperclip into the pin correlating to the green wire. Do the same with the other end on any of the ground wires (black).
Plug it into the wall, if it powers up it's fine. Watch it and see if anything happens over time. Post results.
m
l
October 5, 2012 4:14:24 AM

keithmfr said:
Take out your PSU. To test your PSU, take a paperclip and bend it in a "U" shape. *UNPLUG FROM WALL* Insert one end of the paperclip into the pin correlating to the green wire. Do the same with the other end on any of the ground wires (black).
Plug it into the wall, if it powers up it's fine. Watch it and see if anything happens over time. Post results.

sorry man, please guide me in more descriptive or tutorial manner as i am a newbie to the task you are asking me to do.

so if possible please post links or step by step tutorial that what exactly has to be done,it would be kind of you.
thanks.
m
l
Related resources
a c 111 ) Power supply
October 5, 2012 4:15:18 AM

HardwareTwitch said:
sorry man, please guide me in more descriptive or tutorial manner as i am a newbie to the task you are asking me to do.

so if please post link or step by step that what exactly has to be done,it would be kind of you.
thanks.

m
l
October 5, 2012 7:58:04 AM

amuffin said:

thanks for the link, so this above technique works well with every other brand other than corsair or strictly related to corsair psu's only?

m
l
!