Sign in with
Your question

First Post Production Custom Build

Last response: in Components
October 4, 2012 1:09:59 PM

So I need a bit of help...

I'm a video editor starting to use Adobe Master Collection (Speedgrade, Premiere Pro....) And I need some help putting together my new PC. Well gathering the correct parts that I need that is....

I've already decided I'm going to get a Intel i7 Core (Speedgrade recomends it) with 16gig ram (brand unknown yet) GeForce 660 2gig video card, and 2 500 gig hard drives.So thats pretty much as far as ive gotten. Other than these basic components I'm not sure what I should get....since im building this PC at home by myself I figure I'm going to save some bills. So I'm figuring to spend about 1000 or so on the build (can spend more very easily but I want to see if i cant get this build to work for about that much)

Any help with the power supply, motherboard, heatsink/cooling fan case type (I just want your basic type that can hold all of these componants) and....anything else I need!

Thanks!
a b ) Power supply
October 4, 2012 1:40:52 PM

I would suggest swapping one of those hard drives for a SSD boot drive.

What i7 are you going for? The CPU will come with a heatsink. That will be sufficient of you're not overclocking.

A decent 500W PSU should do you fine (check out Corsair's offerings)

In terms of a case, the Fractal design cases are good looking and quiet with sufficient cooling.
!