Joystick Settings (For Tank)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 5, 2005 8:08:02 PM

Hello, I am wondering is someone has good settings for a Logitech
Wingman Extreme 3d joystick for use with a tank in BF1942.
(I am not up to flying just yet, so am trying one thing at a time.)

Is it possible to have the joystick move the turret left/right and
up/down? I know default is uses the mouse but I have been on Internet
play and it seems like there are tanks whose turrets move very fast.

Thanks in advance.
orion

More about : joystick settings tank

February 5, 2005 9:21:00 PM

Use keyboard buttons to drive the tank. Use the mouse to turn the turret.
You can turn the turret faster if you increase the mouse sensitivity under
Options.

Luger

"ty" <orionstargate(removethis)@geocities.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I am wondering is someone has good settings for a Logitech
> Wingman Extreme 3d joystick for use with a tank in BF1942.
> (I am not up to flying just yet, so am trying one thing at a time.)
>
> Is it possible to have the joystick move the turret left/right and
> up/down? I know default is uses the mouse but I have been on Internet
> play and it seems like there are tanks whose turrets move very fast.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> orion

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 10:05:54 AM

"ty" <orionstargate(removethis)@geocities.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hello, I am wondering is someone has good settings for a Logitech
> Wingman Extreme 3d joystick for use with a tank in BF1942.
> (I am not up to flying just yet, so am trying one thing at a time.)

I don't think its possible to control a tank completely with a joystick. As
Marc said, use the keyboard and mouse to maneuver the tank. Set your mouse
sensitivity so high that the turret moves 200-240 degrees without you having
to lift your mouse up. It might seem awful fast in the beginning, but when
you learn the technique, it's a real advantage.

Gubb
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 6, 2005 5:34:41 PM

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:05:54 GMT, "Gubb"
<den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com> wrote:

>"ty" <orionstargate(removethis)@geocities.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> Hello, I am wondering is someone has good settings for a Logitech
>> Wingman Extreme 3d joystick for use with a tank in BF1942.
>> (I am not up to flying just yet, so am trying one thing at a time.)
>
>I don't think its possible to control a tank completely with a joystick. As
>Marc said, use the keyboard and mouse to maneuver the tank. Set your mouse
>sensitivity so high that the turret moves 200-240 degrees without you having
>to lift your mouse up. It might seem awful fast in the beginning, but when
>you learn the technique, it's a real advantage.
>
>Gubb

Interesting tip, Gubb! I'm going to try that this afternoon! :-)

You have a tip for killing the infantryman is right beside your tank,
trying to blast you in the rear? I always seem to lose that battle...

Best!

Rick
[AGB] Duckhunter
February 6, 2005 9:55:27 PM

Thank you for the info. Never thought of increasing mouse
sensitivity. Will give it a try.

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:21:00 -0500, "Marc" <landryma@gmail.com> wrote:

>Use keyboard buttons to drive the tank. Use the mouse to turn the turret.
>You can turn the turret faster if you increase the mouse sensitivity under
>Options.
>
>Luger
>

>"ty" <orionstargate(removethis)@geocities.com> wrote in message
>> Hello, I am wondering is someone has good settings for a Logitech
>> Wingman Extreme 3d joystick for use with a tank in BF1942.
>> (I am not up to flying just yet, so am trying one thing at a time.)
>>
>> Is it possible to have the joystick move the turret left/right and
>> up/down? I know default is uses the mouse but I have been on Internet
>> play and it seems like there are tanks whose turrets move very fast.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> orion

February 7, 2005 1:31:40 AM

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:34:41 -0700, Rick <rnorell@1west.net> wrote:

>You have a tip for killing the infantryman is right beside your tank,
>trying to blast you in the rear? I always seem to lose that battle...

Jump out of the tank and drop a mine on it or in front of it.
Meanwhile, of course, dodge the infantryman. Most of the time
he'll jump into the tank and, shortly thereafter, go BOOM. ;-)
February 7, 2005 1:31:41 AM

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:31:40 GMT, bug <bug@example.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:34:41 -0700, Rick <rnorell@1west.net> wrote:
>
>>You have a tip for killing the infantryman is right beside your tank,
>>trying to blast you in the rear? I always seem to lose that battle...
>
>Jump out of the tank and drop a mine on it or in front of it.
>Meanwhile, of course, dodge the infantryman. Most of the time
>he'll jump into the tank and, shortly thereafter, go BOOM. ;-)

Good one! That would fix em! LOL I'll have to try that!

Best,

Rick
[AGB] Duckhunter
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 6:20:43 AM

"Rick" <rnorell@1west.net> skrev i meddelandet
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:05:54 GMT, "Gubb"
> <den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com> wrote:
>

> You have a tip for killing the infantryman is right beside your tank,
> trying to blast you in the rear? I always seem to lose that battle...

If your'e not able to back the rear up against a wall or something, so he
can't get a clean shot, try to run him over or lure him close to a tree, a
building, a rock or something and shoot your cannon at that oject and let
the splash damage do it's job. (And use "c" or one of the F keys for
external wiev every now and then.)
Zig-zaging away to increase the distance to him might work too.
Except for planes and engineers, AT guys are the worst pain in the *ss
possible! ;)

Gubb
February 7, 2005 6:20:44 AM

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 03:20:43 GMT, "Gubb"
<den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com> wrote:

>"Rick" <rnorell@1west.net> skrev i meddelandet
>> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:05:54 GMT, "Gubb"
>> <den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com> wrote:
>>

>> You have a tip for killing the infantryman is right beside your tank,
>> trying to blast you in the rear? I always seem to lose that battle...
>>
>If your'e not able to back the rear up against a wall or something, so he
>can't get a clean shot, try to run him over or lure him close to a tree, a
>building, a rock or something and shoot your cannon at that oject and let
>the splash damage do it's job. (And use "c" or one of the F keys for
>external wiev every now and then.)
>Zig-zaging away to increase the distance to him might work too.
>Except for planes and engineers, AT guys are the worst pain in the *ss
>possible! ;)
>
>Gubb

Good tips! :-) I agree about the AT guys... LOL

BTW, do you eat lutefisk? If my memory is correct, you're Swedish,
right? Half my family is Scandinavian and it was sort of a rite of
passage to graduate to the adult table and eat Lutefisk at holiday
gatherings. It's ahhh, ok, if made right. :-)

Best,

Rick
[AGB]
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:10:12 PM

Rick wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:31:40 GMT, bug <bug@example.com> wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:34:41 -0700, Rick <rnorell@1west.net> wrote:
>>

>>>You have a tip for killing the infantryman is right beside your tank,
>>>trying to blast you in the rear? I always seem to lose that battle...
>>
>>Jump out of the tank and drop a mine on it or in front of it.
>>Meanwhile, of course, dodge the infantryman. Most of the time
>>he'll jump into the tank and, shortly thereafter, go BOOM. ;-)
>

> Good one! That would fix em! LOL I'll have to try that!

Use external views too (Press "C"). That will help you keep track of the
"Landser", and mowe him down with the MG.

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 4:01:43 PM

"Rick" <rnorell@1west.net> skrev i meddelandet
news:o 0td01p9rgv8tj25r4m3j58vmqvld1cn0m@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 03:20:43 GMT, "Gubb"
> <den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com> wrote:
>

> >"Rick" <rnorell@1west.net> skrev i meddelandet
> >> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 07:05:54 GMT, "Gubb"
> >> <den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com> wrote:
> >>

> Good tips! :-) I agree about the AT guys... LOL
>
> BTW, do you eat lutefisk? If my memory is correct, you're Swedish,
> right? Half my family is Scandinavian and it was sort of a rite of
> passage to graduate to the adult table and eat Lutefisk at holiday
> gatherings. It's ahhh, ok, if made right. :-)

My oh my! did this go off topic or what?! Haha!
Yes I'm from Sweden.
Myself, I don't consider lutfisk edible, even though many think of it as a
delicacy. (Yuck!)
The Norwegians seems to like it too, and i think it might be a Norwegian
invention.

(And I definetively don't count "surströmming", (Fermented Baltic Herring,
fermented for a year or two..), to be suitable food for modern people high
in the foodchain.. LOL)

Gubb

P.S
"Lutefisk"=Norwegian spelling, "Lutfisk"=Swedish. I think the english name
is "Stockfish"?
A word by word translation would be "Lyefish", like Lye, that corrosive
stuff used to remove paint....
Strange ingredient in foodmaking, eh?
D.S
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:31:12 PM

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:01:43 GMT, "Gubb"
<den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com> wrote:

>(And I definetively don't count "surströmming", (Fermented Baltic Herring,
>fermented for a year or two..), to be suitable food for modern people high
>in the foodchain.. LOL)

Indeed, I've never understood the appeal of this most disgusting
concoction. Alas my inlaws (from Övik) love the stuff. I tried it
once and it tasted ok, but as the fork passed under my nose on the way
to my mouth, my brain was screaming "DON'T DO IT"!
--
[AGB]Captain Scarlet
Stockholm, Sweden

<XEJNd.129752$dP1.464135@newsc.telia.net>,
den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com said...
> Myself, I don't consider lutfisk edible, even though many think of it as a
> delicacy. (Yuck!)

Yuck indeed.

> The Norwegians seems to like it too, and i think it might be a Norwegian
> invention.

Sure, blame the norwegians. ;-)

--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com

Captain Scarlet wrote
>Indeed, I've never understood the appeal of this most disgusting
>concoction. Alas my inlaws (from Övik) love the stuff. I tried it
>once and it tasted ok, but as the fork passed under my nose on the way
>to my mouth, my brain was screaming "DON'T DO IT"!

Hehe, Lutefisk rears its ugly head on this newsgroup once more. I'm
determined to try it out one day...

It can't be any worse than Marmite surely ;)

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:15:49 +0100, Lansenerd <lansenerd@nowhere.com> wrote:

> <XEJNd.129752$dP1.464135@newsc.telia.net>,
> den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com said...
>> Myself, I don't consider lutfisk edible, even though many think of it
>> as a
>> delicacy. (Yuck!)
>>
> Yuck indeed.
>
>> The Norwegians seems to like it too, and i think it might be a Norwegian
>> invention.
>>
> Sure, blame the norwegians. ;-)

The lutefisk came to Norway from Sweden. They can't blame us for that one.

P.S. what the hell is Jansons frestelse?

--
Flashhart
Anonymous

Flashhart wrote:

> P.S. what the hell is Jansons frestelse?

This really is off topic!! :-)
A terrible mix of potatoes, onions and anchovy cooked in cream! Only
swedes eat it (maybe some in Finland too??).
I would prefer lutefisk any day...

Would like to be able to control tank with joystick though...
regards

--

Hans P. Dalsheim
God I can stand. It's the fanclub that I hate!

"Hans P. Dalsheim" <insolvent@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Flashhart wrote:
>

> > P.S. what the hell is Jansons frestelse?
> >
> This really is off topic!! :-)
> A terrible mix of potatoes, onions and anchovy cooked in cream! Only
> swedes eat it (maybe some in Finland too??).
> I would prefer lutefisk any day...

Janssons Frestelse is a kind of.. ...uuhh...gratin? Quite good if you leave
the fish out of it. :p
Swedes seems to like all kinds of pickled or fermented fish.... raw pickled
or fermented fish.... I must be adopted....

BTW, don't you norwegians bury cod or salmon in the ground and dig it up the
next year, ready to eat? Or is that Greenland, perhaps?

Gubb
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 4:04:16 AM

Gubb wrote
>BTW, don't you norwegians bury cod or salmon in the ground and dig it up the
>next year, ready to eat? Or is that Greenland, perhaps?

Silent Heroes anyone?

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

"Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> skrev i meddelandet
> Gubb wrote
> >BTW, don't you norwegians bury cod or salmon in the ground and dig it up
the
> >next year, ready to eat? Or is that Greenland, perhaps?
>
> Silent Heroes anyone?

Haha! Sure! But I wasn't trying to start a war or something. :D
IIRC there is a fish dish that involves burying fish for a year, and when
you dig it up, it's ready to eat.

Gubb
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:15:29 PM

Hans P. Dalsheim wrote:
> Flashhart wrote:

>> P.S. what the hell is Jansons frestelse?
>>
> This really is off topic!! :-)
> A terrible mix of potatoes, onions and anchovy cooked in cream! Only
> swedes eat it (maybe some in Finland too??).
> I would prefer lutefisk any day...

Both are used for enemas in traditional swedish and norwegian medicine
(just kidding).

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:17:22 PM

Villy Vonka wrote:
> Gubb wrote
>
>> BTW, don't you norwegians bury cod or salmon in the ground and dig it
>> up the
>> next year, ready to eat? Or is that Greenland, perhaps?
>

> Silent Heroes anyone?

On Greenland, small birds are collected and buried in a dead seal for a
while, before eaten (feathers and bones are dissolved by the
fermenting). On the Faroes, sheeps heads are hung outside houses for a
while, and then eaten.

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:19:49 PM

Gubb wrote:
> "Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> skrev i meddelandet
>
>>Gubb wrote
>>
>>>BTW, don't you norwegians bury cod or salmon in the ground and dig it up
>
> the
>
>>>next year, ready to eat? Or is that Greenland, perhaps?
>>
>>Silent Heroes anyone?
>>

> Haha! Sure! But I wasn't trying to start a war or something. :D
> IIRC there is a fish dish that involves burying fish for a year, and when
> you dig it up, it's ready to eat.

Try making the children eat that....

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:36:02 PM

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:34:24 +0000, Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]>
wrote:

>Hehe, Lutefisk rears its ugly head on this newsgroup once more. I'm
>determined to try it out one day...

Lutfisk is ok. It's basically tasteless and a bit chewey. The thing
that gives it taste is the sauce.

>It can't be any worse than Marmite surely ;)

One of my major import items, along with decent cheddar and tea bags!
--
[AGB]Captain Scarlet
Stockholm, Sweden

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:27:43 +0100, "Hans P. Dalsheim"
<insolvent@gmail.com> wrote:

>The swedes may be a bit upset this year, as we norwegians celebrates our
>100 year anniversary as a sovereign country. I guess they want our oil! ;-)
>regards

Perfect time for re-invading then, just in time for the jubilee! ;-)
--
[AGB]Captain Scarlet
Stockholm, Sweden

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:47:55 GMT, "Gubb"
<den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com> wrote:

>Janssons Frestelse is a kind of.. ...uuhh...gratin? Quite good if you leave
>the fish out of it. :p

I think Jansson is delicious! Gubb I think you must really be English
and I'm actually a genuine Swede! ;-)
--
[AGB]Captain Scarlet
Stockholm, Sweden

"Captain Scarlet" <andy.nocrap.cunningham@home.se> skrev i meddelandet
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:47:55 GMT, "Gubb"
> <den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com> wrote:
>
> >Janssons Frestelse is a kind of.. ...uuhh...gratin? Quite good if you
leave
> >the fish out of it. :p
>
> I think Jansson is delicious! Gubb I think you must really be English
> and I'm actually a genuine Swede! ;-)
> --

I'm too tanned and too impolite to be English. ;)
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 4:43:56 PM

Captain Scarlet wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:27:43 +0100, "Hans P. Dalsheim"
> <insolvent@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>The swedes may be a bit upset this year, as we norwegians celebrates our
>>100 year anniversary as a sovereign country. I guess they want our oil! ;-)
>>regards
>

> Perfect time for re-invading then, just in time for the jubilee! ;-)

Hey, The Danes were there first. And the best parts of Sweden are
actually danish too.

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 9:23:29 PM

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:47:55 GMT, Gubb
<den.late.mekanikern_NOSHIT_@telia.com> wrote:

> BTW, don't you norwegians bury cod or salmon in the ground and dig it up
> the
> next year, ready to eat? Or is that Greenland, perhaps?
>
> Gubb

It's us. We call it gravlaks (eng. "grave salmon"). I like it, it's like
smoked salmon with a little extra taste.

--
Flashhart
Anonymous

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 13:43:56 +0100, Achtung Ecco <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

> Captain Scarlet wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:27:43 +0100, "Hans P. Dalsheim"
>> <insolvent@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The swedes may be a bit upset this year, as we norwegians celebrates
>>> our 100 year anniversary as a sovereign country. I guess they want our
>>> oil! ;-)
>>> regards
>> Perfect time for re-invading then, just in time for the jubilee! ;-)
>
> Hey, The Danes were there first. And the best parts of Sweden are
> actually danish too.
>
> regards,
>
> Achtung Ecco

In 9 years we celebrate 200 years with out Denmark ;-). To bad actually, I
would have enjoyed your beer prices. How about a beer for oil program :-)

--
Flashhart
Anonymous

Captain Scarlet wrote
>Villy Vonka
>wrote:
>>It can't be any worse than Marmite surely ;)
>
>One of my major import items, along with decent cheddar and tea bags!

Yack, awful stuff ;)

Marmite is one of those love it or hate it things, I'm definitely in the
"hate it" camp.

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

Achtung Ecco wrote
>On Greenland, small birds are collected and buried in a dead seal for a
>while, before eaten (feathers and bones are dissolved by the
>fermenting). On the Faroes, sheeps heads are hung outside houses for a
>while, and then eaten.

And I thought they were a bit weird up in Glasgow, deep-fried chocolate
bars are apparently popular there...

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

>>> Perfect time for re-invading then, just in time for the jubilee! ;-)
>>
>> Hey, The Danes were there first. And the best parts of Sweden are actually danish too.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Achtung Ecco
>
> In 9 years we celebrate 200 years with out Denmark ;-). To bad actually, I would have
> enjoyed your beer prices. How about a beer for oil program :-)

Lol! I think that it just might work :)
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 1:28:30 PM

Flashhart wrote:

>>> Perfect time for re-invading then, just in time for the jubilee! ;-)
>>

>> Hey, The Danes were there first. And the best parts of Sweden are
>> actually danish too.

> In 9 years we celebrate 200 years with out Denmark ;-). To bad actually,
> I would have enjoyed your beer prices. How about a beer for oil program
> :-)

Totally acceptable for me ;-)

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 7:05:21 PM

In article <0XtsZgBrkQCCFwkX@srobertson.net>, Villy@[127.0.0.1] says...
> And I thought they were a bit weird up in Glasgow, deep-fried chocolate
> bars are apparently popular there...

Bweurk . . .
--
Best regards, flyace
Thou infectious beetle-headed death-token!

Off topic? I started this topic and got the answer I needed, I
believe. Now it has developed into ethnic.foods.chat :-)

I have enjoyed the discussion from the Scandanavian countries and,
personally, do not like lutefisk. There are some people in USA who
eat it. I am not one.

Ha ha .... have good day!

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 09:15:29 +0100, Achtung Ecco <nospam@nospam.no>
wrote:

>Hans P. Dalsheim wrote:
>> Flashhart wrote:
>

>>> P.S. what the hell is Jansons frestelse?
>>>
>> This really is off topic!! :-)
>> A terrible mix of potatoes, onions and anchovy cooked in cream! Only
>> swedes eat it (maybe some in Finland too??).
>> I would prefer lutefisk any day...
>
>Both are used for enemas in traditional swedish and norwegian medicine
>(just kidding).
>
>regards,
>
>Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 3:46:03 AM

> Off topic? I started this topic and got the answer I needed, I
> believe. Now it has developed into ethnic.foods.chat :-)
>
> I have enjoyed the discussion from the Scandanavian countries and,
> personally, do not like lutefisk. There are some people in USA who
> eat it. I am not one.
>
> Ha ha .... have good day!

Hehe.. this went a bit out of hand, as you said...
About the JS settings: If your JS has a program that let you assign
keypresses to the buttons, try to set the ASDW keys to the POW switch or
something. I haven't tried anything like that myself, but try it if you
really want to use your joystick for controling your tank, it might be worth
a try.

Gubb
!