Graphics cards for integrated graphics help please!

P47RICK

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
BUDGET RANGE: Around $75-$95

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (Team Fortress 2, CS:S)

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Geforce 6150se nforce 430. Total wattage: 220W

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Sempron 140 Processor, ~2.7GHz. 3 GB of RAM

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Preferably Newegg.com but i'm not that picky.

PARTS PREFERENCES: No preference. Just want it to be compatible.

OVERCLOCKING: Don't care.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1366 x 768

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Any help is appreciated. Currently run TF2 at about 20-30 fps with the tf2mate settings configuration. Any explosions or flames make me lag :( . Thanks in advanced :D
Also: My PC is a 'slimline'. I think that I would need a low profile card? That's what my friend suggested.

Solution

The greatest limitation you have is the OEM 220W power supply's +12 Volt continuous current rating of 16 Amps.

The only low profile cards that fit within your power supply's capability are the following:

GeForce GT 520
GeForce GT 430
GeForce 210

Radeon HD 6570 DDR3 version only
Radeon HD 6450

None of the above cards are even fit for real gaming but that's a decision you'll have to make.

If you would have had a power supply with power ratings like the SeaSonic SS-300TFX or better then I would have recommended a low profile GeForce GT 440 or...

The greatest limitation you have is the OEM 220W power supply's +12 Volt continuous current rating of 16 Amps.

The only low profile cards that fit within your power supply's capability are the following:

GeForce GT 520
GeForce GT 430
GeForce 210

Radeon HD 6570 DDR3 version only
Radeon HD 6450

None of the above cards are even fit for real gaming but that's a decision you'll have to make.

If you would have had a power supply with power ratings like the SeaSonic SS-300TFX or better then I would have recommended a low profile GeForce GT 440 or Radeon HD 6670 card.

Solution