How can i open my destop when the destop is hanging

rj_lei

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Hello,
my laptop are so slow...what im suppose to do just to makt it fast..and sometimes some of my application are authomaticalyrun wethere what kind of application i use

Run your Antivirus scan and also any malware scanner.
Malwarebytes Antimalware scanner is a good one, and they
have a FREE scanner !

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
"my laptop are so slow...what im suppose to do just to makt it fast..and sometimes some of my application are authomaticalyrun wethere what kind of application i use"

Dependant on what you mean by this, from my perspective I would think your on about startup items.

Go into start->run-> type MSconfig
and press enter.

You will have a new window appear, if you go into the startup tab and then go through the list of items in there, you will want to untick only the items which you KNOW what they are and KNOW you dont need them to open straight away.

Reducing the amount of startup programs will increase performance and boot time without effecting your programs functionality too much.
The items which you stop from loading on startup will subsiquently increase the time it takes to initially get into the program.

A further point is obviously getting yourself into the habit of looking after your laptop; Defrag the HDD every couple of months, running disk cleanup etc etc....

If this doesnt fix your issue then I would recommend that you back your files up and run a system recovery/re-installation of your OS.

thanks
sig