Sign in with
Your question

[Solved] Sapphire ad HD 7750, Hanns-G Hz251H, Win7 - text is blurry

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 8, 2012 10:16:39 PM

Greetings, newly built system. Used the monitor before with no issues.

Sapphire HD 7750 (3/8/12 driver & 8.951.00 version)
HansG HZ251H (6/8/2009 driver)
Win7 all updates

My text is blurry. With several rows of text every other row may appear to read better then the other.

I am at 1920 x 1080 using HDMI. (should I not use HDMI?)

The desktop does not fill in or use the whole monitor. I can go into the AMD Vision Control and play with the Scaling options to address the failure to utilize the whole monitor. But that does not appear to improve or be detrimental to the text issue. I don't know if I should have that check box "Use the scaling values instead of the customized settings...your DPF resolution." or not.

Also, there is the Image Scaling 'Enable GPU scaling' check box. I have that checked, but it does not appear to help or hinder my text issue.

Pixel Format??? No idea here.

I have Clear Type on and gone through the steps but nothing improved.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
April 9, 2012 12:26:01 AM

What size monitor is that? 25inch? I can't seem to find any info on it.
Also is it a Monitor or LCD TV? If it is an LCD TV and only 720P, 1920*1080 wont fit.

I did find on e thing on that monitor. Another forum has a user that said to make sure you set the monitor to PC.
m
l
April 9, 2012 10:41:49 PM

Thanks for trying AreaMike. :) 

Can't kick the 'monitor' term. Kind of like Album for me. Though not as general.
Its LCD, 25", 1080P and located here.
m
l
April 9, 2012 11:47:38 PM

I would try hooking it up using the VGA connection instead of HDMI to rule out the possibility it is the HDMI connection or cable.
m
l
April 11, 2012 3:24:13 AM

I set the monitor to PC and got rid of the scaling and text is now good. Not sure if it is as good as it was with the same monitor and previous GPU. But what can ya do!
m
l
April 13, 2012 3:45:11 PM

macattak1 said:
I set the monitor to PC and got rid of the scaling and text is now good. Not sure if it is as good as it was with the same monitor and previous GPU. But what can ya do!

No offense, but HANS-G are budget monitors.
m
l
!