crazy stumped

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2008
Hello,

I have a Linksys SRW2008MP that I am trying to reset to factory defaults. The guy who set this up is no longer employed at my company, and I do not know the IP address to login with a web browser. The switch does not have a reset button on the back. I follow the instructions from Cisco's website, which include connecting a console cable and using HyperTerminal to login. I can connect to the switch and watch it boot up in HyperTerminal. However, when I get to the point of inputting user name and password (which should be 'admin' and '<blank>', I can't figure out how to make to terminal emulator accept the input (much like pressing the Enter button in a web browser).

I have also tried using TeraTerm, a different console cable, and a different computer.

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ciscosmallbusiness

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hi crazy stumped,

We’re sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having resetting the SRW2008MP to factory default. The Cisco Small Business Support Community at http://www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport is a good resource for getting assistance to the issue you’re encountering. Also, you may find the administration guide helpful in reconfiguring the router. It’s available here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/srw2008/administration/guide/SRW2008_V10_UG_B-WEB.pdf.

Diana
Cisco Small Business Team

crazy stumped

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2008
Hi Diana,

I found the Cisco website to be cluttered, difficult to navigate and find anything, and the resource links weren't especially helpful. I found my answer after posting in a forum on the website though. My problem was my Hyperterminal connection wasn't set up properly. The flow control was set per the only information I could find on the Cisco website, and it was possibly incorrect. The web page I found was for an SRW2008, not an SRW2008MP, which may explain why it didn't work. For anyone else who may come across this thread, the flow control should be set for "None" and NOT "Hardware".