Adjusting mice to left-handed use

Hallo,

When I set the mice for left-handed use, after restart the computer changes
the setup back to right-handed. How can I make this change permanent? using
XPP on a laptop.

Serdesht
3 answers Last reply
More about adjusting mice left handed

    Silly question, i know, but easily done. When you ticked the button
    configuration in mouse properties to switch the primary and secondary
    buttons did you then click the 'Apply' button followed by OK? If you only
    clicked the OK button then this is the reason why your selection is
    reverting back to default on restart.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote:
    | Silly question, i know, but easily done. When you ticked the button
    | configuration in mouse properties to switch the primary and secondary
    | buttons did you then click the 'Apply' button followed by OK? If you only
    | clicked the OK button then this is the reason why your selection is
    | reverting back to default on restart.

    John,

    According to:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwue/html/ch09c.asp
    Common Command Buttons

    OK Applies all pending changes and closes the property sheet window.
    Apply Applies all pending changes but leaves the property sheet window open.

    Serdesht,

    After setting up your mouse, go to:
    Line 54,(Save Settings on Exit)

    Thanks, it is done!

    "a nonymous" wrote:

    > "Serdesht" <Serdesht@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > | > Hallo,
    > | > When I set the mice for left-handed use, after restart the computer
    > | > changes the setup back to right-handed. How can I make this change
    > | > permanent? using
    > | > XPP on a laptop.
    >

    > "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote:
    > | Silly question, i know, but easily done. When you ticked the button
    > | configuration in mouse properties to switch the primary and secondary
    > | buttons did you then click the 'Apply' button followed by OK? If you only
    > | clicked the OK button then this is the reason why your selection is
    > | reverting back to default on restart.
    >

    > John,
    >
    > According to:
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwue/html/ch09c.asp
    > Common Command Buttons
    >
    > OK Applies all pending changes and closes the property sheet window.
    > Apply Applies all pending changes but leaves the property sheet window open.
    >

    > Serdesht,
    >
    > After setting up your mouse, go to:
    > Line 54,(Save Settings on Exit)

Configuration Mice Microsoft Customization Windows XP