Adjusting mice to left-handed use

January 26, 2005 10:51:02 AM

Hallo,

When I set the mice for left-handed use, after restart the computer changes
the setup back to right-handed. How can I make this change permanent? using
XPP on a laptop.

Serdesht
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:59:20 AM

Silly question, i know, but easily done. When you ticked the button
configuration in mouse properties to switch the primary and secondary
buttons did you then click the 'Apply' button followed by OK? If you only
clicked the OK button then this is the reason why your selection is
reverting back to default on restart.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Serdesht" <Serdesht@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hallo,
>
> When I set the mice for left-handed use, after restart the computer
> changes
> the setup back to right-handed. How can I make this change permanent?
> using
> XPP on a laptop.
>
> Serdesht
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 2:47:41 PM

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote:
| Silly question, i know, but easily done. When you ticked the button
| configuration in mouse properties to switch the primary and secondary
| buttons did you then click the 'Apply' button followed by OK? If you only
| clicked the OK button then this is the reason why your selection is
| reverting back to default on restart.

John,

According to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...
Common Command Buttons

OK Applies all pending changes and closes the property sheet window.
Apply Applies all pending changes but leaves the property sheet window open.

Serdesht,

After setting up your mouse, go to:
Line 54,(Save Settings on Exit)
Anonymous