Is it over powering: GTX 680 with resolution 1600 * 900?

Is it over powering: GTX 680 with resolution 1600 * 900?

I know gtx 680 is probabaly enough to play full hd on many big titile games, but i don't have alot of money to spend and i'm thinking about the future too. In a year or so, gtx 680 will already have been out of date, and it won't be that over-sufficient to run max settings on full HD anyways. I mean, what do you guys think? Between being able to play games on FULL HD, but that means you have to switch you card sooner, than to just play on 1600 * 900, but will last longer before you actually have to switch cards? Sorry if i sound like a noob, but i don't know much about the technical side of graphics XD Thanks in advance for those who dropped in and helped, really do appreciate it.
3 answers Last reply
More about powering resolution 1600
  1. Well the GTX680 is an overkill for that res currently! In couple of years we might have something out that will start to task it at that res!
  2. It's overkill for 1600x900. While you can probably keep it for 4 or 5 year, I would rather spend less for a video card that's still more than enough for 1600x900 like the Radeon HD 7850 or whatever nVidia card will compete against it. Then in 2 or 3 upgrade the card.
  3. Get the 7870 instead. A very good card, and will max almost anything at your res.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Resolution HD Graphics