3.20v on the +5v rail ?

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
is it the power supply ? or what could be that problem, I had my TR2 thermaltake 600w in it before and it didnt do that. Ill give you all the volts.

+3.3v is at 3.28
VIN2 2.18
VIN3 1.28
+5 3.20
VIN6 3.09
VSB3v 3.30
VBAT 3.22

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Yeah thats what im thinking, its a beast power supply, I just bought it 4 days ago its brand new. I just put my OC settings to default to see if thats what it was but that didnt change a thing. DAMNIT I guess Ill have to take it back, such a pain in the ass getting all the zip ties cut and everything. Did everything else seem ok ? and what should the 5v rail be at, obviously over 5v but whats normal ?

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Hmm im wondering if thats the reason im having a trouble with my OC on CPU, I have everything turned off, such as cool n quite C1E cpu spectrum, and it doesnt maintain the operating frequency, it goes from 3.8 down to 2.8 then the 3.2 and etc. I dont even have enough on my 3.3 rail. But other than that did all the other voltages look ok ?

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Ive been looking on the internet trying to see if anyone else has had the same problem, dont see anything yet, I guess it could just be faulty. My case is so huge its hard to get out of the middle part of my desk but I guess Ill have to do it.

Those voltage readings don't come from the PSU, they come from a chip on the motherboard. Plug that PSU into another PC or use a circuit tester to get a better reading. If the voltages are outside the ATX specification the PC will usually automatically shut off, but this comes from different circuitry than the readings themselves.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

I'm just going to take it back to get the 800w version of it, or I actually found a thermaltake SMART series PSU 850w MODULAR for the same price, should I get that instead ? Its 80+ bronze as well.

Thermaltake is kinda meh. If your Corsair PSU is working fine right now I'd stick with it. Just get a $20 PSU tester and see if it shows any abnormalities, those are always good to have on hand.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

Where can I get one at?

Most PC stores will have them floating around.

This is the one that I have. I've used it to find a few duds

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817999011

Here's a list on newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=PSU+Tester&x=0&y=0

Since you're having a voltage reading problem it's probably best that you get one with an actual voltage display and not simply a yay/nay LED

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

Ok so I took it back and got the Corsair GS800w 80+bronze, still shows 3.20v. So its either a faulty sensor or maybe my motherboard ? Idk it might not be my motherboard. But I will have to get that voltage device and see what it really is. Thank you for your help.