Small, Quiet & Attractive PC

jsp21

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
To preface, I want to build a small, computing for my finacee. She's a light user, so the optimal system will be a low-power, small form factor system (I'm thinking HTPC size). Most importantly -- I would really like to find a very "sleek" case (perhaps something approaching the sleek factor of the mac mini? Would be willing even to spend a little more for the right look...

--

Approximate Purchase Date: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better))
Within the next week

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) Before / After Rebates
$750-900 USD after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)
Light casual usage: surfing the internet, viewing photos, streaming video, listening to music.

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**
keyboard,mouse,monitor,speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)
newegg.com

Country: (e.g.: India) we need to know where these parts are being assembled
USA

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to use an AMD CPU & Biostar mobo with a 24" LCD and full tower case)
N/A

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe
no

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe
no

Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200)
unsure, but atleast 1440x900

Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC)
looking for a small quiet PC. Would like an aesthetically pleasing small form factor case.

jsp21

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011

essentially, yes