Nokia 6100 on Orange PAYG

Just bought a second-hand Nokia 6100 supposedly unlocked to all
networks. I have tried it with 2 different Orange PAYG SIM's but it
won't work with either. I changed the network selection to manual,
selected Orange, but get a No Access error. I have also tried
restoring the factory settings, but this doesn't help. I also get a
"SIM failed to register" message although all my numbers appear in the
Phone Book OK.
Anyone have any ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6100 orange payg

    "purple-haze" <purple-haze@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Just bought a second-hand Nokia 6100 supposedly unlocked to all
    > networks. I have tried it with 2 different Orange PAYG SIM's but it
    > won't work with either. I changed the network selection to manual,
    > selected Orange, but get a No Access error. I have also tried
    > restoring the factory settings, but this doesn't help. I also get a
    > "SIM failed to register" message although all my numbers appear in the
    > Phone Book OK.
    > Anyone have any ideas?

    Sounds pretty much as though it's been blacklisted.

    --

    "Richard Colton" <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote in message news:<Ii4yc.1114$4X5.9953318@news-text.cableinet.net>...
    > "purple-haze" <purple-haze@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Just bought a second-hand Nokia 6100 supposedly unlocked to all
    > > networks. I have tried it with 2 different Orange PAYG SIM's but it
    > > won't work with either. I changed the network selection to manual,
    > > selected Orange, but get a No Access error. I have also tried
    > > restoring the factory settings, but this doesn't help. I also get a
    > > "SIM failed to register" message although all my numbers appear in the
    > > Phone Book OK.
    > > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Sounds pretty much as though it's been blacklisted.

    Is there any way to check if this is the case?

    > "Richard Colton" <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote in message
    > > "purple-haze" <purple-haze@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Just bought a second-hand Nokia 6100 supposedly unlocked to all
    > > > networks. I have tried it with 2 different Orange PAYG SIM's but it
    > > > won't work with either. I changed the network selection to manual,
    > > > selected Orange, but get a No Access error. I have also tried
    > > > restoring the factory settings, but this doesn't help. I also get a
    > > > "SIM failed to register" message although all my numbers appear in the
    > > > Phone Book OK.
    > > > Anyone have any ideas?
    > >
    > > Sounds pretty much as though it's been blacklisted.
    >
    > Is there any way to check if this is the case?

    If it was originally on Orange, contact them, explain the situation and ask
    their advice.

    --

    purple-haze@tiscali.co.uk (purple-haze) wrote:

    >Just bought a second-hand Nokia 6100 supposedly unlocked to all
    >networks. I have tried it with 2 different Orange PAYG SIM's but it
    >won't work with either. I changed the network selection to manual,
    >selected Orange, but get a No Access error. I have also tried
    >restoring the factory settings, but this doesn't help. I also get a
    >"SIM failed to register" message although all my numbers appear in the
    >Phone Book OK.
    >Anyone have any ideas?

    It's been blacklisted. You could try contacting Orange customer
    services but it's probably been reported stolen or had an insurance
    claim against it so it's unlikely they'll be accommodating.

    --
    >iv< Paul >iv<

Nokia Factory Restore