Nokia 6100 on Orange PAYG

Last response: in Brands
June 10, 2004 4:46:43 PM

Just bought a second-hand Nokia 6100 supposedly unlocked to all
networks. I have tried it with 2 different Orange PAYG SIM's but it
won't work with either. I changed the network selection to manual,
selected Orange, but get a No Access error. I have also tried
restoring the factory settings, but this doesn't help. I also get a
"SIM failed to register" message although all my numbers appear in the
Phone Book OK.
Anyone have any ideas?

More about : nokia 6100 orange payg

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 1:22:48 AM

"purple-haze" <purple-haze@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just bought a second-hand Nokia 6100 supposedly unlocked to all
> networks. I have tried it with 2 different Orange PAYG SIM's but it
> won't work with either. I changed the network selection to manual,
> selected Orange, but get a No Access error. I have also tried
> restoring the factory settings, but this doesn't help. I also get a
> "SIM failed to register" message although all my numbers appear in the
> Phone Book OK.
> Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds pretty much as though it's been blacklisted.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 5:54:22 AM

"Richard Colton" <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote in message news:<Ii4yc.1114$4X5.9953318@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> "purple-haze" <purple-haze@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Just bought a second-hand Nokia 6100 supposedly unlocked to all
> > networks. I have tried it with 2 different Orange PAYG SIM's but it
> > won't work with either. I changed the network selection to manual,
> > selected Orange, but get a No Access error. I have also tried
> > restoring the factory settings, but this doesn't help. I also get a
> > "SIM failed to register" message although all my numbers appear in the
> > Phone Book OK.
> > Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Sounds pretty much as though it's been blacklisted.

Is there any way to check if this is the case?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 3:27:37 PM

> "Richard Colton" <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote in message
> > "purple-haze" <purple-haze@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Just bought a second-hand Nokia 6100 supposedly unlocked to all
> > > networks. I have tried it with 2 different Orange PAYG SIM's but it
> > > won't work with either. I changed the network selection to manual,
> > > selected Orange, but get a No Access error. I have also tried
> > > restoring the factory settings, but this doesn't help. I also get a
> > > "SIM failed to register" message although all my numbers appear in the
> > > Phone Book OK.
> > > Anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > Sounds pretty much as though it's been blacklisted.
>
> Is there any way to check if this is the case?

If it was originally on Orange, contact them, explain the situation and ask
their advice.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 4:34:41 PM

purple-haze@tiscali.co.uk (purple-haze) wrote:

>Just bought a second-hand Nokia 6100 supposedly unlocked to all
>networks. I have tried it with 2 different Orange PAYG SIM's but it
>won't work with either. I changed the network selection to manual,
>selected Orange, but get a No Access error. I have also tried
>restoring the factory settings, but this doesn't help. I also get a
>"SIM failed to register" message although all my numbers appear in the
>Phone Book OK.
>Anyone have any ideas?

It's been blacklisted. You could try contacting Orange customer
services but it's probably been reported stolen or had an insurance
claim against it so it's unlikely they'll be accommodating.

--
!