Updated Catalyst, Lost the Crossfire Option

PierreLaporte

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
Yesterday I was doing a clean up of my computer, and I decided to update the drivers on my hardware along with Windows and the rest of the stuff I was tuning up.

I opened Catalyst and under the software tab, updated to 12.x from 11.x. Then I went to the AMD website and then downloaded the latest application profiles. It called for a reset which I did, and then when I opened up Catalyst post-reset, it said I had no drivers installed. Then I found all I have were the Presets, Performance, and Power tabs in Catalyst.

No options to enable Crossfire like I used to have.

I've installed and reinstalled Catalyst quite a few times. Ran a driver sweeper. Tried to install the software that came with my graphics cards. Downloaded Catalyst from AMD manually and with their auto downloader thing. Downloaded the application profiles again and uninstalled them to see if that's what I did wrong.

For the record I have two 1GB GDDR5 HD Radeon 5750's in my computer manufactured by Gigabyte. They're both showing up in Device Manager. I only have one bridge but it worked prior, I might go to the computer store tomorrow and buy a second one out of desperation, despite this sounding software related.

Anyone experience something similar? I seem to recall Crossfire being a bit finicky to set up when I bought my second GPU but not THIS finicky.

I never had any issue setting up mine. It sounds like you are stuck in basic mode since mine has nothing like the tabs you describe and I am on version 12. Switch to advanced mode, believe its in the menu. Ill look at mine when I get home in a few hours.if that doesn't do it.

PierreLaporte

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011

Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately I wish that would be the case. I'm already in an "advanced view" when I click the preferences drop down.

Hmm... Ill check when I get home. if you're bored...

I would uninstall catalyst, delete the cards from device manager and check the delete drivers box. Shutdown. pull the second card. Reboot. run driver sweeper. reboot. install the newest catalyst package. reboot. shutdown, reinstall 2nd card and bridge, and restart. if its actually missing and that doesn't do it I don't know what would.

PierreLaporte

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011

Was finally home long enough to try as you said.

Alas, no dice. I still get this error message when I pop open Catalyst.

http://imgur.com/XbYff

Thanks any ways :(

freeg8407

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Hi PierreLaporte,

two days ago I`ve been installed 2nd GPU HD 4870 in crossfire mode or at least I tried. After uninstalling rest of amd drivers I downloaded catalyst 12.6 display driver. But till now can`t find any crossfire option to enable or something. Friends just told me that I need to switch to advanced mode, but I`m currently in advaced mode and nobody can`t help me.

Do you any news about this issue? (sorry for my eng) .

Thanks.